How long did your "honeymoon period" of easy weight loss last?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/30/19 11:15 am

I had a different WLS, and good restriction post op. Mine honeymoon lasted app 2 years.

It may depends on your body, your frame, how tool you are and home much more you are trying to lose. Plus how active you are. I know some people who had to eat more carbs, but they exercise and often ate most of simple carbs just before a tough workout. (I.e banana with PB).

But I don't think I ate as many carbs as you are eating now to lose. Not only carbs, but sugars are rather high. And since you stopped losing, or losing very slowly, you may revise your diet. In my first year, as I was losing, I averaged app 600-700 Cal per day. I had some days that I didn't like eating, and days that I ate much more. But my weekly average was around 700. In my second year I had to jncincre calories to stop losing. And because of restriction and dumping due to RNY, I added more healthy fat like avocado, olives, even some butter or coconut oil (to sauteed my proteins) .

Even now, I can eat a lot of carbs without feeling good restriction, but dense proteins with fat, my pouch limits how much I can eat. I used to make protein ice cream (based on Eggface blog recipes. ) The more fat I used in making the protein ice cream, the better it tasted and it had better texture when frozen.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

littlekaty
on 3/31/19 9:24 am - Tacoma, WA
VSG on 06/03/19

I'm pre op but it might be carbs. my nutritionist has told me it should be closer to 50 g or less

TheWombat
on 4/3/19 3:04 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Summing up what I've learned:

1. I need to be more patient. On the day after I started this thread, I lost 1 kg (2.2 kbs).
  2. My honeymoon period likely is over. But strangely, I find that reassuring. My biggest fear was that sticking to the diet was going to get a lot more difficult after the honeymoon. But I can handle this.
  3. I've found some new ways to get protein in that are either much lower in calories or much more filling, or both. As a result I've been able to cut back my average calories per day to about 700 without feeling deprived. My carbs are down too.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views