10% pre surgery weight loss? And Red Deer clinic First appointment.

Jayjayjj
on 8/18/14 9:38 am - Canada

You'd be surprised, you learn more on sites like this and google than ever in a clinic

Shelly R.
on 8/22/14 11:35 pm - Didsbury, Canada

I would disagree with you Jay.

i went through the Red Deer clinic and they were incredible.  The wealth of information they gave was incredible and they also cleared up a lot of the garbage that you can find on the internet as well.  I do suggest that you investigate this surgery with all kinds of sources, the net being one but in the end your main source should be your health care professionals.

as far as the 10 -15 percent to lose before surgery, they weight you your first appointment and I am pretty sure it's from that weight.  I was in fast due to the evolution study so I hadn't lost anything significant when I went to my first appointment so for me it wasn't any big deal.

there is no "pay" option at Red Deer and this is the first time I have heard that about Canadian programs.  I know in the states that payees can jump que but first I have heard about that here and not sure I would ever believe that.

as far as being turned away, yes there can be times when a person is not recommended for surgery at this time.  It can depend on your test results (ECG, gastroscopy, health professionals) but in all these incidents it is done with a lot of scrutinizing by your team and is done with your best health needs in mind.  I have read the blog by the sisters and I even spoke to my nurse about it.  She said that to her knowledge anyone that didn't qualify for the program was always explained why.  She was literally shocked to hear about the blog I had been following and she said that while she was not personally present in their meetings she did not believe the full story was being shared in the blog.  Regardless of what happened with those two I personally know many that went to Red Deer and everything was great and our lives were forever changed for the better.

Shelly

Most Active