I feel like a drug addict gone cold turkey.....

redzz04
on 1/25/05 9:56 pm
Lyndsay, Hang onto that "I will never be able to eat those foods again" Honestly if you can conquer that feeling (which you probably will around 3rd month) STICK TO IT... because believe me!!! you WILL definitely be able to eat those foods again!!!! YIKES!!! yep... you will. My biggest downfall was allowing myself to test the waters. BOY OH BOY was that my biggest mistake. I thought to myself "if I test the waters and get control of the problem now..." well that didnt work...still trying to get a hold of the problem. Im 11 months out and struggling with food. I WISH I could be at your point again... Don't get me wrong I have a hold of the problem a lot better than before wls... but its definitely a huge struggle and I have to keep myself in check at all times. Hang in there! It gets better just stay strong and once you get into the groove and get use to not eating sugar and such... dont test those waters! Oh and as for the drug addict... Sugar addiction is the WORST! You really physically go through withdrawl from it. I even shook sometimes. I know sounds dramatic but even now... if I have anything sugary and then the following week its getting out of my system...my hunger is INSANE! I feel like I could shake and convulse! lol! Food such a hard addiction...it kills and its the one addiction that we NEED in order to live. cant live without food. Definitely can live without cigaretts!!! you know... hang in there! ((hugs)) Elizabeth M
suemc624
on 2/1/05 10:44 am - vinelan, NJ
hi. now that it's been more than a month since your surgery, aren't you amazed at how much you used to eat. i'm so glad i can't and won't eat like that anymore. i just can't believe how much i used to eat. i never cried over food but i sure did miss it. now i can eat anything (thank God nothing bothers my stomach) and it's much better. because i can eat what everyone else is eating, just not as huge as portions as i once did. sue
starz
on 2/26/05 4:52 pm - austin, TX
Hello I too had dreams of food soda sweets me just piggyout . I was sometimes of afraid to go to sleep because of the dreams they seamed so strange. i don't have any cravings yet for food butttt... I do for cola,lemonade, orange soda, limekoolaid with lots and lots of ice and i just want to gulp it down but can't .that's what i really regret that i can no longer do.
Mizzou379
on 2/27/05 11:09 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
You will be able to semi-"gulp" again. At first, I could barely drink any amounts, but that has increased with time. I also allow myself one soda a day. I can tolerate it, but many others can't. Have you tried to sugar free kool-aids and Crystal Lites? I love the new little packets you can pur in to your bottled water. It's better than water, which I find nasty.
starz
on 2/28/05 11:21 am - austin, TX
THANKS for replying . as soon as my dietican says i can drink citrus, i'm going to make me fresh limeade with splenda and enjoy it I do feel alot better since I wrote in I'm able to drink 2oz.every 30min. so I'm starting to see that everything is going to be alright still not craving food. but I am noticing that things do start feeling like normal as days go by. PLUS THE patch for nauese WOW! that helped me soooo much i no long get nause of just seeing something on tv or the smell of foods man I just hated feeling that . I'm getting tierd of being at home but that to will pass.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views