Gastric bypass made me skinny but not happy

Poodlemac
on 3/22/16 5:58 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I'm sorry, but no one is "healthy" at 500 lbs. 

Wlstolemylife
on 3/22/16 12:21 pm

I meant that I had none of the usual health problems associated with someone that overweight...not diabetic...no high blood pressure...etc.

Boxerlover3452
on 6/29/16 8:45 am
RNY on 06/06/16

You took the words right out of my mouth

dianabalayan
on 4/1/16 11:07 pm
RNY on 04/22/16

This doesn't even show the reasons you were admitted for and if the WLS was the cause. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/16 1:57 pm

Before WLS. I had pneumonia at least four times. It was due to cleaning products that I was using. What has happened to you may have been worse if you did not have the surgery. 

rocky513
on 3/20/16 4:45 pm - WI

Did you really just post a medical document with both your name and your medical I.D. number on a public forum?  

Not a very smart idea.  Maybe you should get your head examined the next time you are admitted for your WLS complications.

Just because you claim have has immune system issues does not mean that they are WLS related.  Your admission records mean nothing.  I have an aunt that is a hypochondriac and is in the hospital every other month for things that can never be found.  You have proven nothing. There are thousands of us WLS peeps that have no such issues.

Keep your scare tactics to yourself.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Wlstolemylife
on 3/21/16 7:09 am

My head examined? What information of mine do you think you can get with my name and a hospital ID number. You've heard of HIPPA I assume? Are you people all in such deep denial that you think this can't happen? Wake up!!!!

Wlstolemylife
on 3/21/16 7:10 am

Look at the names of the admitting doctors. Was your hypochondriac aunt admitted by bariactric surgeons?

Deanna798
on 3/21/16 9:26 am
RNY on 08/04/15

So, you had back luck.  Some people have died during WLS, or from Complications after surgery.  Your original post above comes across as a scare tactic to try to scare people away from WLS.  Most people on this site are pro-WLS, and when we see a post that attempts to use shock value to scare people who are already nervous about having surgery in general, we get a little upset.  

Honestly, I am sorry that you have had such a hard time, and we all know there are risks with any surgery, up to and including death.  We can do everything right and still have complications. 

I'm not asking for unicorns and rainbows, but I would like to see a little common sense used every once in a while.  

You say WLS ruined your life, I say that it saved mine.  I guess that evens things out, 1 to 1.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Wlstolemylife
on 3/21/16 7:40 pm

I'm glad that WLS saved your life...honestly I am. 

Most Active