Recent Posts

Ketzela72
on 7/3/11 1:04 am
Topic: New Member
Good Day all--Glad I have found this forum and hope that it will assist me moving forward--I had my surgery RYN on May 30th and so far doing ok but not great--seems as though I may now be lactose intolerant--trying to keep track of what I eat as to how I react to it--so far chicken and salmon seem to be fine but not cheese at this time--thinking of trying protein drinks and will need to check for lactose in those as well--I live in Canada so will need what is available locally until I make a trip to the US for some shopping with more choices.  I look forward to some lively conversations on this board as we move through the summer and head in to the Yom Tom season in the fall--be well 
difrnt8
on 4/20/11 12:22 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
Topic: RE: Happy Passover
Well made it through just fine.  Had to tell a few more people but that was OK too.  Even have some soup and gefilte fish I brought home for today. 

Hope others Passover meals were good for them too.

Pati

Any hints on how to get a photo to load.  NO matter how small I make it, OH rejects it as too big.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!   
difrnt8
on 4/18/11 2:48 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
Topic: RE: Happy Passover
I will be aiming at gefilte fish for protein and some matzoh ball soup.  And I will make my favorite Crystal Light Red Tea Mandarin Orange for my wine glass.

Good luck with it all.

Good Pesach!

Pati
Post-Op 2 weeks - 20lbs - BMI down to 43 from 47

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!   
HeidiA
on 12/5/10 4:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: Happy Hanukkah
Wishing everyone a Happy Hanukkah.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

tzilah
on 11/18/10 2:14 am - MD
Topic: anyone from baltimore on this forum?
We started a kosher bariatric support group associated with Sinai hospital, looking for more people to attend the meetings.
trachel
on 12/21/09 5:16 am - MA
Topic: RE: Good Shabbos
25 pounds since August is great.  I found that looking at getting to the next 0 is what helped me - I tried not to look at the full amount I needed to lose. Remember this is not a magical potion - it is a helper to be used together with proper eating and exercise ( which I find to be my greatest asset - I try to exercise a few times a week)
Keep on looking forward and not at any slip ups.
Tova
redzhope
on 12/21/09 3:50 am
Lap Band on 08/27/09 with
Hi Tova,

So far I am only down about 25 pounds. I guess its a combination of no real restriction, me not behaving and Chanuakh food. It seems that I am pretty good (usually) throughout the week but when Shabbat comes it is really tough.  I am going to get another fill in January and hopefully that will hlep me. So glad to hear how well you're doing!

Sharon

trachel
on 12/19/09 10:11 pm - MA
I havent checked this forum in some time - would also like to see some activity here.
How long do you have your band? Do you feel comfortable with it?
I have my band since July 2007 am down 95 pounds - this is the best thing I have ever done for myself
Tova
redzhope
on 12/2/09 4:01 am
Lap Band on 08/27/09 with
Topic: RE: Latkes
Hi Heidi,

I thought I could help you with the recipe until I got to the no oil part....

I'm pretty sure a latke isn't a latke without the oil!!!

Maybe you could make hash browns or try the regular recipes with PAM?

Just a thought,

Sharon

HeidiA
on 11/12/09 1:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: Latkes
Do any of you have good latkes recipes that do not require oil to cook in?

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Chanukkah!
Y D. · 1 replies · 250 views
Happy Passover 2012
HeidiA · 0 replies · 519 views
Hello....is anybody out there???
avivaps · 3 replies · 846 views
Ketzela72 · 1 replies · 406 views
Happy Hanukkah
HeidiA · 0 replies · 476 views