Where can I buy Optifast?

S. B.
on 6/18/09 2:32 am - Canada
A friend of mine would like to use Optifast to loose 40 lbs. She's used Optifast before.

Any suggestions where I might find it in the Hamilton area?

Thanks

SherryB

Bolara
on 6/18/09 2:44 am - Port Hope, CANADA

Hi Cherry,

As far as I know, optifast can only be purchased through your surgeon.  I saw mine yesterday (Dr. Klein - Toronto), and finally got a surgery date, along with an order for 2 week's supply of optifast to be picked up from his office before I start my 2 weeks.  By the way, they only accept cash for it and apparently, the 100.00/week supply is at cost.   Expensive stuff.

Also, I did see a couple of posts in the last few weeks of people offering to sell or give the remainder of their supply to anyone who wanted it.  Sorry, I can't remember who posted that.... maybe you'll hear from them through this thread.  Good luck!

Susanna

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.

Stephanie L.
on 6/18/09 3:10 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/17/09 with
Hijak..... that's great news Susanna!! When is your surgery??
Contact me at [email protected] for information about the Belleville area support group :)  or visit our new OH group page http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/quinte/

grehel_2
on 5/16/13 10:59 am - Canada

how long does it take for a moderator to approve?

MalShayMama
on 6/18/09 3:03 am - Canada
You can purchase it online. Just do a search for it :)

L.
VSG- consult March 10th, OOC faxed to OHIP March 24th, Sleep study March 26th, CPAP autotritation April 9th thru the 14th, OHIP APPROVAL: March 31st!! PATS- June 30th VSG July 15th!!!!!!

(weight loss includes 8 lbs lost the week before surgery)

5' 6"  (at surgery, wearing 2x-3x, 20/22)
Goal 175 lbs

grehel_2
on 5/16/13 11:03 am - Canada

I will wait to hear fr u but I will also look for where I can purchase this product on line.....I have had surgery twice and due to cymbalta and Lyric I gained 70+ in a very short period of time and I am not happy with the wait times on line or throught Thunder Bay or their expectations of a person living 4 hrs away fr the city to be there every week for 26 weeks...what is wrong with a person travelling too TBay 2x's mnth and our local clinic follow us....this is unreall.............everything is set up for those that live in URBAN areas and alot of us do NOT!!!

scrapperchick79
on 6/18/09 3:09 am - Chatham, Canada
I was just at Wal Mart last night and saw it there, it was 25.99 per case, but other specific info I didn't pay attention to, sorry.  It might be worth a call to the Wal Mart Pharmacy for some more information before you make a trip, or send your friend there.

Hope this helps
Heather     
annie31
on 6/18/09 3:59 am - Canada

Seriously? which Walmart?

As far as I knew you could only purchase it from a surgeon or bariatric doctor. I can get mine for $80 a week (2 boxes) from the Hamilton Bariatric Clinic.

If I can get it cheaper at a Walmart I'm so there.

HW:519 W@C:476 SW: 448 CW:373  103lbs Lost so far.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Jolee
on 6/18/09 3:59 am - Canada
  I would be interested too...Does it really work?
annie31
on 6/18/09 4:12 am - Canada

It does work but it's extremely difficult to do and I don't suggest doing it unless you're supervised by a physician. You'll need blood work every couple weeks while on it and you'll need to be informed how it works. I'm somewhat doubtful it was actual Optifast seen at a Walmart since it's a prescribed substance that my pharmacist can't even order. You can find it on ebay and other sites mostly sold from Australia and a higher cost after shipping.

I did it in 2007 and lost 87lbs. I gained some back after we went back onto food which I think people need Lifestyle classes while doing or after doing Optifast since it'll be pointless if you go back to the way you were eating before when you're done Optifast and gain the weight back. You need to be taught how to lifestyle change and count calories etc. It's also not going to work for everyone. Some people need the sugery to get where they need to be.

I'm on Optifas right now.. I've done 3 weeks and lost 31lbs so far. I'm supposed to do a full 6 weeks prior to surgery at a cost of $500 which is the lowest price I've ever paid for it. It was much more the last time I did it. It all depends on the quantity the hospital or surgeon's clinic can purchase at one time determines the cost to you. The hospital I buy from buys in bulk now and didn't before so passes the savings on.

I hope that helps!

HW:519 W@C:476 SW: 448 CW:373  103lbs Lost so far.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Most Active
Recent Topics