Surgery in Ottawa- My Experience

charm64
on 6/9/11 11:39 pm - Cambridge, Canada
My experience was very similar to yours when waking up.  The pain and nausea was terrible.  But I am 2 weeks out and feel great.  I'm still burping and I'm sure that will happen for along time.
Just feeling exhausted when I do too much.  But over all feel fantastic.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

happypants
on 6/10/11 12:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
Sorry to read that you went through hell Joanne wow. The worst is behind you and now you have the rest of you life to look forward to. I wish you much success on your weight loss journey... 

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Joy D.
on 6/10/11 12:27 am - Hamilton, Canada
 glad to hear your feeling better, one day at a time now, get as much rest as you can let your self heal, walk,sip,fluids and ur vit's are most importaint now, dont lift anything more then 10lbs.

all the best on your journey, and welcome to the bench.

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

molly58
on 6/10/11 1:30 am
Thanks for the update, I wish you all the best in the coming weeks. I hope that I have the same great nurses that you had when it is my turn.
Molly {RN}
sam1am
on 6/10/11 2:15 am
It does sound like you had a reaction to the anesthetic!  I'm glad that you had competant people looking after you and that you are on the road to recovery.  Hopefully it will all be behind you soon and you have an easy recovery.

Welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

northernlight
on 6/10/11 4:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Joanne, I'm so sorry that it was so rough for you. It definitely sounds as though the anaesthesia was a problem for you. In time, this experience will fade and all you'll remember is that this was the start of your new, healthier life. It's so good to hear that the doctors and nurses were on the ball and that they treated you compassionately. I'm sure they felt bad that you were feeling so nauseous and were in considerable pain. Give yourself plenty of time to heal, keep walking and sipping and enjoy being on the bench. You did it - congratulations!!!

Deb

Lil-Stinker
on 6/10/11 5:26 am
Wow it's Friday already? Time flies after surgery! It was a real pleasure to meet you - you are a very sweet woman. It was more painful than I thought it would be too. But everyday seems to be getting better. :-)
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
linda11665
on 6/10/11 7:25 am - Ottawa, Canada
I'm so glad to hear from you.  It's too bad that you had a rough go of it, but your now on your way to the skinny side.  I am anxious to get there too.

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
JJ_
on 6/10/11 11:22 am
Wow, what an experience.  You are now on the other side of it though.  All the best in the coming days for more healing and more energy.

aprilbennett1965
on 6/12/11 4:06 am - Canada
Sorry you had a rough time of it CndGal. Thanks for sharing your experience for those that are to follow. It really helps us prepare phsycologically. I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!