Hey Ladies!

Donna C.
on 8/4/11 3:04 am - Durham Region, Canada
Hi Karen!   Things have been good most of the summer.... but we just found out in the last couple of weeks that my sister has Thyroid cancer - she goes for surgery on Monday.  She had been struggling with a sudden regain (she had RNY in 2003) - and had a lump on her neck - so they did a biopsy and it turned out to be malignant.  We're all staying postiive as she is strong as a bull - and determined to get through this ok.

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

Karen M.
on 8/4/11 3:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
SO sorry to hear that about your sister, Donna.  Sending my warmest wishes for a VERY positive outcome for her. xo

On a brighter note, if you're going to be "around" on August 20th, I"m hosting lunch in Mississauga - would absolutely love to see you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cheryl D.
on 8/3/11 11:20 pm - Toronto, Canada
Donna!  I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you are!  Good to see you :)  Hope you're well.

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Donna C.
on 8/4/11 3:05 am - Durham Region, Canada
Hi Cheryl!! I'm good......  been enjoying the beautiful summer and busy as hell with work unfortunately....LOL

PINK62
on 8/4/11 12:53 am - Canada
Hi Donna, how are you?  do you remember how scared I was of surgery and asking you all those questions at our first dinner in Toronto...
Well my surgery was Feb 10 and so far down aprox 87 lbs...yahoo...I've purchased my first pair of Jeans and feel great! Now just have to lose the belly which for some reason likes to hang around still...Big hug and if you ever come to Toronto, let me know so we can half a coffee or something.

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

Donna C.
on 8/4/11 3:07 am - Durham Region, Canada
That is wonderful news!!  You should be very proud of what you have accomplished - that's a great loss in such a short period of time!!  Now you need to post some hot before and after pics!! 

p.s. the belly is sooooo hard to get rid of - I really think the only way is to cut it off.....LOL

sam1am
on 8/4/11 4:55 am
Nice to see you Donna!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Christy_S
on 8/4/11 8:25 am - Vancouver, Canada
 Hiya Donna!! I haven't been on here much either - great to see some familiar faces! Sorry to hear about your sister. Take good care of you.

My angel is Karen M                                                  140 lbs lost!