Panni Removel-SCARED

Mary A.
on 8/27/12 10:02 am
On August 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM Pacific Time, SoonToBeLoser wrote:
Can someone clarify what forms needs to be filled out with OHIP to see if I could be approved for a panniculectomy...I figured I have nothing to lose by trying.

you;re best best is to be referred to a plastic surgeon and have them do your applicaiton..not sure if OHIP accepts anything else (like from a GP)

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

syl_807
on 8/24/12 11:35 am
Hi there,

I have been through a tummy tuck and hernia surgery and arm surgery.  My doctor is Dinick - he's near Detroit.  He's amazing!  He did an awesome job and I would recommend him to anyone.  He's the most professional perfectionnist I have ever met. 

I don't know how much Ontario covers for a pannectomy but I know that they don't usually cover everything and it's important to really research who you're dealing with.

If you get it in the states, it's about 6300 for the tummy tuck - which I chose to get because I had a 200lb weight loss and the excess skin and loose muscles would never have looked right with a pannectomy... I guess that's really your choice but I really don't regret going to Dinick - check out his website or here's his phone number if you're interested:  2489191100

He is a true professional who will not take any risks and - I wish I could show you, but the scars that were left with my surgery are so slight, they're hardly noticeable.

As soon as I can afford more surgery, he's gonna do my thighs and rear too.  I wouldn't go anywhere else!!!
Bonnie ABC
on 8/24/12 4:13 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 You joined today to share this with us.. hmmm

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/12 5:12 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Great Observation!
Mary A.
on 8/27/12 9:59 am
wow that's wonderful and what I would call a miracle

...I had pictures submitted and was denied by their terms "borderline"....to which i have appealed and will see how that goes.

all the best..you have already gone through so much..this is just one more step in the road to a more confident healthier, happier you

all the best

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN