Being released from "jail"

Vi-Vi
on 2/21/13 6:36 am, edited 2/21/13 6:37 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Hi Claire!

i don't mind at all!  I can't wait to reach your wait!  The sky would be the limit for sure!  Happy for you.  I hear maintaining is much harder so never give up!  

sylvie

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

CanDoItFour
on 2/22/13 2:13 am - Canada

Hi Sylvie

Thanks for the shout back! 

Maintenance is hard, but not really any harder than the loss phase.  You just have to accept that nothing can EVER go back to what it was before.  It is a permanent life style change, not a diet - and I think for most of us that is a new reality that's a little hard to accept once you get to where you want to be. 

The pouch keeps you in check to a degree, but it's easy to forget the basic rules, and if you do then the weight comes back on.  It's the protein first and lots of it; drink lots but not with meals;  and keep the carbs LOW that I find tough. 

Somehow I think I believed I would go back to my old ways - just eat less, when I hit goal.  Not possible.  So it's still a challenge, but doable as long as I keep my eye (still) on the prize, and remember the rules are for life.

All the very best

Claire

Vi-Vi
on 2/22/13 6:56 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Thanks Claire!  One day, when I think I'm invincible I will remember your message & advice!  Thank you!

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics