Still feels weird...

Leanne1
on 12/12/13 10:58 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I'm 3+yrs post-op and still have the "fat girl mentality" too.. I dish out what I know I can eat, even sometimes, I don't finish that. I just eat til I feel full and stop eating now.   

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

new_me180
on 12/13/13 3:14 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I guess it's something that stays with us for a while or longer.  Good idea to stop when full though, lol.

burg_vs
on 12/13/13 9:30 pm

At three months out I feel the same.  For visual I always use my sons plates.  Brain training more so then anything else is my approach...if the plate looks full then in theory you feel better about eating it.  A suggestion I received many years ago from a nutritionist .  

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/13 9:35 pm

and even more courageous to throw out the leftovers when you can't eat any more!  how many of us are use to needing to 'clean the plate' or not throw out good food!  i actually get an extra boost of confidence when i ended up throwing out the left overs at the end of the meal -- i never use to do that before.

i also learned that left overs can be very hard for your pouch/stomach to manage as it is dehydrated quite a bit during re-heating.  so for me, i almost always throw out the left overs in the garbage. 

this is about my health and my success -- not feeling guilt over the starving children in 3rd world countries. 

new_me180
on 12/13/13 10:40 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I never used to have left overs before either. I threw up only twice since starting solid foods and that was after eating my leftovers and I thought that the food didn't agree with me. I didn't know that the pouch didn't take kindly to them. I always try not to throw food away but hey.