Really Struggling...

hmtmomof4
on 1/8/14 12:56 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Thanks guys.....it stinks, but I'm somewhat relieved to hear that this is fairly "normal".  It's like in my brain I have severed all "feelings" I had for food.  It's very bizarre. My husband just doesn't "get it" some days and thinks I'm starving myself....which is totally not true.  I'm just very content to drink protein shakes and drink water all day.  I know I have to start including other foods, and I have on occassion.  It's bad to say, but it seems like the foods on my "try last" list are the ones that sit the best with me....i.e. steak, pasta, rice etc.  Bread products I fear I will never try again after the vomitting episode when I first tried them a few weeks ago. I'm now terrified of bread!! lol

Still waiting for my center to call me back. It certainly does not help that due to scheduling difficulties and TWH being booked solid, I had my surgery Nov. 7th and will not be seeing ANYONE until mid April. Very poor follow up in my opinion!!!

Thanks everyone!

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

dragongirl_76
on 1/8/14 4:15 am

i tried a sandwich about 8 weeks out and got really sick.

was told by the NUT that any starches ie. pasta, bread, rice will just turn into a huge starchy 'plug' (more or less) and sit in your pouch until it comes back up. she told me most people don't even tolerate them at one year.

i'm not even going to bother again. i have successfully eaten pita crisps and tortillas in the past though.

i also ate  4oz steak at 8 weeks out lol. he said i must have chewed it really really well because most ppl wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

Most Active
Recent Topics