Under 300!

Ninalynn24
on 5/5/14 10:54 am - Canada

Amazing!!! You look fabulous! Keep up the good work. I hope to pull numbers like that. 

Katie M.
on 5/6/14 12:58 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks! And don't worry, you will for sure. Patience and sticking to the plan set out by your centre, that's the key!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Pamela.S.
on 5/5/14 12:04 pm - Canada

That is absolutely fantastic!  Great progress and gives hope for all of us waiting for our appointments.  If you can do it, I can do it!  Hope your date went well!

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Katie M.
on 5/6/14 1:00 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thank you! And yup, if I can do it, ANYONE can! It takes awhile to get there and when you're pre-op it seems like it takes forever (and I had a quick process so I couldn't even complain) but when you're six months post op you're thankful for the time you had to get ready, and thankful for the time it takes to get the weight off. Nothing worth having comes easily, or overnight. You can definitely do it, and you'll feel incredible when you're where I am now :)

And thanks - the date went great!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Mary A.
on 5/6/14 1:32 am

amazing it's like being reborn as a new butterfly isn't it?~!!  I am 5 yrs post-op still maintaining a loss of 100lbs and love my life.  You are right the things you can do now are incredible, just wait another 6 months...you will soon KISS those + sizes goodbye and when you buy your first pair of non-stretchy jeans that actually have a defined waist you will vow never to pass that threshold again.

What I will tell you is that self-conscious part never truly goes away...I mean if for most of your life you were told "you have such a pretty face, if only you lost a few lbs" that sticks with you for a very long time..BUT..that being said when you buy that new size(_) top and those sexy jeans..you will feel AMAZING...and that makes all the past worth it.

Continues success..remember to strt reading those labels on everything you eat...it will benefit you in the long run.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics