Orientation

ronshoneygirl23
on 9/10/14 2:03 am

Hi, I just had my orientation at HRRH on Sept 4th. I was referred last March and then was sent the package. I was asked to attend the orientation meeting. The meeting was conducted by one of the Dieticians with the surgery team. On orientation day we had another sheet we had to sign once we had heard the presentation to let them know if we wanted to proceed with the surgery or not. We were then told that we would be getting our appointment dates in the next 4-6 weeks. And surgery would happen 3-6 months from orientation day.

I totally understand what you are struggling with after losing so much weight. I think you will still qualify for surgery but that decision will be made by the surgery team. This includes the Dietary team, Psychologist and the surgeon. They repeated several times through out the presentation that we should not take this lightly and really ensure we are ready to move forward. I would go to the orientation. It was very well presented and I was given loads of information that helped me make my decision to move forward. The dietician was wonderful in answering all our questions and stayed to speak with anyone privately if they wanted. It is a big decision and a big commitment. I am like you. I can loose weight, I just can't keep it off. I am going forward because I see it as a tool that is going to help me keep on the straight and narrow. But it is ultimately my choices to make and commit to. I wish you the best and hope you have a good journey. The thing that I have found the most helpful is the support on this site. It's nice to know there are other people who are feeling just like you. Take care and best of luck.

Christy

Most Active
Recent Topics