Alternatives to NSAID's?????

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/17 3:55 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Your injury sounds like mine, mine was a fall down the stairs 15 years ago as well and I gained about 150 lbs at the time as well. And once I lost weight, the pain got worse, go figure. Have you ever tried pot edibles? I don't smoke as I hate it but I use oil, edibles and I do vape. Edibles take longer to kick in but they last many many hours so it's great for night for me.

You may find that with the sleeve they no longer want people using nsaids either. They say none for anyone with WLS. Your surgeon may allow them but most aren't any longer.

IamBettyCooper
on 7/10/17 1:47 pm

For inflammatory pain, you can try a high dose of curcumin/turmeric. Totally natural and while it takes a few weeks to kick in, can really help. I take it when my arthritis flares up.

I also use Voltaren topically. It has ibuprofen but because it is a topical application, the folks at the hospital told me it was ok to use. I buy it at Costco, cheapest place. Lasts for 12 hours and works very well for me.

Wishing you the best.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Most Active
Recent Topics