meds, slider foods and drinking after meals? long

wendy_fou
on 5/4/11 8:57 am - AR
I don't know about the gumpy-morning-pouch thing.  It must be something to do with the lack of anything entering the pouch for those hours you sleep?

I love turkey sausage - but probably wouldn't love it if it made me sick I'm sure.  I eat regular bacon when I want it.  Have you tried regular bacon or sausage?  Or cheese melted into your eggs? (DELICIOUS!!!) 

I'd ask about that crushing your vitamins/pills FOREVER thing.  I've never heard of a surgeon advising that forever.  Stomas are the size of a dime which is plenty big enough for ANY pill to get through, so I can't see that being it.  He must believe that crushing it promotes more thorough absorption.  (It does actually - but not enough to amount to much difference.)  Just curious.

Good luck!

Wen
Michelle E.
on 5/3/11 10:37 pm
I would check with your doc about the crushing pill thing. Your medication dose may change as you progress in your WLS.

After 6 mos post WLS, I drink liquids upto about 5 minute before I eat then wait 30 minutes after.

Slider foods I dont wait longer

Multi vitamin is taken with Protein shake or Non Fat Milk.

Oddly enough, I think Shrimp is one of the hardest proteins for me to eat.. it differs from one person to another.

Good Luck on your Journey!!
Carrie W.
on 5/4/11 2:28 am - KY
Thanks! 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
Recent Topics