TMI----huge bm's

SweetGirl11
on 10/11/11 6:58 pm
You are NOT alone!  I call my "baked potato turds" because they are sometimes so huge!  My BM life has improved dramatically since taking 3 Dulcolax stool softener capsules every night.  And, I must admit, a couple of pieces of sugar-free chocolate helps keep things moving along also!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Bucketta
on 10/11/11 7:53 pm
 I love this topic because I have wanted to ask the same thing.  I don't do it as much as I use to, but my use to stopped the commode up all the time and I don't have much upper body strength and it sure makes it hard to plunge.  I keep plastic knives in the draw by my commode, so if they are too big I can cut them up before flushing.  I will also be honest, and TMI, but I have to put on hospital gloves a lot of times and pull my poop out, because it just won't come on through.  Mine, when are really big are not only fat, they are really long.  I mean like from my elbow to the tips of my fingers long.  Most of the time though my are little round balls, I do believe you could break a window out with them, also.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Carol M.
on 10/12/11 8:55 am - TX
Jacqueline,

I have been right there with everything you described (except the plastic knifes).  I have found a daily dose of Miralax to be the answer for me most of the time. And staying very hydrated. I think outside of major complications this is one topic that is so often just not talked about.  But it is a necessary bodily function.
Some posted the question as to why this happens to us...I think that a lot of it has to do with rearranged anatomy and the rest is the amount of pure protein we have to get in every day.
It is always good to know we aren't alone even in issues of TMI. :-)

Carol , East Texas
Bucketta
on 10/12/11 9:00 am
 There may be something to that but when I had the band I first started doing this, so I don't think it is the rearrangement of things, I think it has more to do with the protein we take in and Calcium also causes constipation.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Shelly S.
on 10/12/11 2:56 am - Mason, MI
This is an example of why I commit to coming here everyday! I love you guys-----

King Turds
King Kong Turds
Baked Potato Turds

DH said this kind of information should be included in the pre-op info--but I can't say I would have believed them at the time.

Seeing is believing!!!!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Most Active
Recent Topics