Pre op diet

karenp8
on 9/6/12 3:55 pm - Brighton, IL
This is the hardest part of the whole process as far as I am concerned. I tried to excercise and keep myself as busy as I could so as not to think about it. It's easier after surgery because you really aren't hungry then. In fact most of the time I have to remind myself that it is time to eat. You can do this and it will be so worth it!
longhornrose
on 9/6/12 4:48 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Hang in there!  I'm on Day 7, and I'm making it.  I'm not sure what your diet includes (if anything besides protein shakes, but mine is less than 500 calories a day, and even with all the protein, those calories don't go very far!  What I found after about the 2nd or 3rd day was that even though my belly says I'm hungry, I don't really have any appetite, and food just doesn't appeal to me.  I don't know why that is, but it's kind of saving me, in a way.  Try to stick with it; the time will fly by, as it has for me. 

The real problem for me has been that I just haven't been able to handle the protein shakes my doc prescribed. Talked to him today, and he says I can switch to another high-quality shake (I'm going to use Jay Robb), and I think that will help make things a little easier I'm assuming you can have other liquids (clear soups, broth, bouillion, etc.)?  I haven't tried it yet, but in the past, drinking something hot sometimes helps that hungry feeling. 

One other postive to keep in mind:  You should be losing weight, as I am, and that feels really good! 

Best wishes,
Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Tracy R.
on 9/7/12 7:06 am - GA
Thank you Beth we are going to get through this together. I am allowed a protein shake for breakfast,and a lean meat and vegetable for lunch and dinner. I can have all the sugar-free, caffiene drinks I want.
brockliebeans
on 9/6/12 7:20 pm
stick with it.. :) i am day 4.. i live in ontario so i have to drink 4 opti fast shakes a day.. i am also allowed 6 to 8 glasses of water and anything with no calories.. i have had no sugar added jello, and my hubby has made me some popsicle from crystal light, i drink my tea. some recommende torani sugar free syrups.. and i have 1 cup of broth soup at supper with my family.. i feel full .. but i feel so energized that i am still biking 10 kilometers a night.. so i just pray it will get better for you..take care..and chin up.. you are almost there.. :)
Tracy R.
on 9/7/12 7:10 am - GA
Thanks to all of you for words of encouragement
heidi12472
on 9/7/12 7:21 am
 I keep telling my self you can do this just hop on the board and read all the success stories! My surgery is next wednesday. Can't wait until we are all on he losers bench!
renoir
on 9/7/12 4:52 pm
I am finishing day 4. Day 2 was worse for me so far. I have 4 protein shakes and 1 soup per day (Optifast). The 19th is coming soon!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics