High Fiber Protein Peanut Butter Balls

LJ1972
on 9/10/12 11:17 am - FL
ooooooh I have everything! I am going to make some when I go home on my meal break from work. WOOOT!
cashour
on 9/10/12 12:03 pm - CA
RNY on 06/06/12
Sounds yummy!  Do the leftovers need to be kept in the fridge?  I'm going to make them tonight.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/10/12 12:07 pm - Baltimore, MD
 Yes! They should be stored in the fridge. Good catch. I'll add that.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

stephaniejoy
on 9/10/12 12:15 pm - Mont Belvieu, TX
My stupid work computer is blocking it cuz its a blog.....I'll have to look at it when I get home.

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

allys
on 9/10/12 4:37 pm
Yum! Sounds wonderful. I was going to try this one from Unjury but I love the idea of crunchy cereal too!
UNJURY Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Use Reduced Fat Creamy Jif Peanut Butter1, 1 recipe makes 11 balls
Measure 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Peanut Butter and add to mixing bowl
Add 3 scoops of Chocolate UNJURY, 1 scoop at a time, stirring well after each scoop until dough is formed
Roll dough into 11 balls
Freeze overnight2
Optional additions: dried fruit (raisins, cranberries or cherries), spices (cinnamon or nutmeg), oatmeal, chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
Nutrition Facts per ball (makes 11):
10 grams protein, 9 grams carbohydrate, 6.5 grams fat, 3 grams sugar, 131 calories
LJ1972
on 9/10/12 7:29 pm, edited 9/10/12 12:40 am - FL
NIIIIK!!!!!!! I think I love you! I mean... I know I love you because you are wonderful and funny and kind and fantabulous etc etc
But now I also love you because you are the creator of Protein Power Balls. The Abyss? that Bottomless Pit of Unending Hunger?

SATISFIED

that is all

oooh lied - that is not all - edited to add questions
#cookingfordummies

When you crush the Fiber One, how do YOU do it?
Also re; crushing Fiber One - are the crumbs powder crumbs, gritty crumbs or recognizable bits of Fiber one crumbs?

I can't wait to fix them again! Do you think they can be frozen?

I love them. Forever.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/11/12 2:12 am - Baltimore, MD
 I use my magic bullet. No chunks. It's like bread crumbs.

How did yours come out?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

LJ1972
on 9/11/12 9:38 am - FL
They were great!  (except I kinda forgot the cinnamon lol )

I put the fiber one in a bag and used a rolling pin. Took forever lol so I just had a little bit of every kind of crumb.  I used PB2 so needed to add a little bit more water.  Did the size that made 8 and they were perfect.  PER-FECT

**Happy sigh**
LJ1972
on 9/11/12 10:17 pm - FL
Just had to let you know that, once again, my daily meal plans went exactly as written on MFP - I am sure thanks to these handy snacks!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/12/12 3:01 am - Baltimore, MD
 Glad to hear it! Did you add cinnamon to the second batch? Cinnamon and peanut butter together is a favorite combo of mine. It takes PB "to the next level."

Most Active
Recent Topics