Multivitamins...

Turtle Lynn
on 9/13/12 5:32 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I have a problem swallowing bigger pills; they tend to get stuck in my throat. . .yuck!  So, I am using the CVS Spectravite Senior Chewables, which was recommended by someone on the boards. They kind of taste like sweet tarts and I don't notice a chalky aftertaste.  

Trying to get the samples that others mentioned is also a great idea, that would give you a few different options!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

alwaysbrandi
on 9/13/12 6:05 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I take liquid vitamins. I had a bad gag reflex after surgery and there is no way I could've chewed up a pill and swallowed it. Yuck!

For me, it's been reminding myself that this is major surgery to make my life better. If I don't take my vitamins right, it'll defeat the purpose. Your weight loss will slow, your deficiencies can add to fatigue, hair loss, bone loss, sleep problems, you name it. If you want to feel good and live this new life, you will feed your body protein, get down fluids and take your vitamins. Trust me, you can feel the difference! It's all part of the surgery, you can't just do half.

Let me tell you, if someone gave me a pill before surgery and said if you take this every day you'll have energy, sleep better, your weight loss will be better, I'd take that sucker in a second. Why is it when we find out it's "just a vitamin" it becomes optional? lol.

You can do this! Be healthy!

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Hollyanimal
on 9/13/12 7:14 am - WI
Resign yoursel to the fact that vitamins aren't optional, you'll need them for optimal health. It's part of the deal when you get WLS.

I started with celebrate chewables, but hated the taste, especially the calcium. My husband, on the other hand, liked them just fine. I switched
to celebrate mult
vitamin capsule at 3 weeks out and didn't have a problem swallowing them.

Good luck!

Laura in Texas
on 9/13/12 7:33 am
I like CVS Spectravite Senior chewables. I buy them when it's buy one get one free so a month's worth is only about $4. My labs are good at 4 years out.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

shygirlxoxo
on 9/13/12 12:32 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
How many of those do you have to take a day?
Most Active
Recent Topics