Quick cure for constipation?

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 1:41 pm
1,000mg of magnesium oxide does it for me overnight.

If you want relief 5 minutes ago, an enema or suppository is about it.
CindyKae64
on 9/17/12 1:51 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
Like others have said the quickest way is supositories.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

iisme
on 9/17/12 2:41 pm
After surgery (not RNY but my hysterectomy) I was horribly constipated. Not trying to sound gross here but it was really stuck and I was afraid I was going to have to go to the hospital.
My last ditch effort was to take 4 doses of miralax at once mixed with 8oz of powerade zero. Took about 5 hours and it worked.

10 pounds loss pre-op
iisme
on 9/17/12 2:42 pm
Oh and FYI   Miralax works better with loads of water so after the mixure I drank quite a bit of water to get it moving along

10 pounds loss pre-op
kittehkitteh27
on 9/17/12 4:05 pm - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
Last week I had double dose of miralax, a dose of fiber, lots of water a cup of coffee, two cups of decaf coffee, lots of liquids, and a fleet enema.. it still took a double dose of some milk of magnesia to get it all started and then it was for days before it came on its own again.

I was in so much pain before resorting to the enema that I had to call in sick to work.

I never want to be stopped up again! Good luck!

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

cajungirl
on 9/17/12 4:54 pm
 Fastest would be an enima. Milk of magnesia with as much water as you can dri m after will work within an hr or two. Dulcolax suppositories will work to but beware of possible cramping. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

ready2be140
on 9/17/12 7:02 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
Last Friday I had horrible case - it was worse than I remember childbirth....but with that said, in the AM I took Milk of Magnesia and that didn't seem to do anything, so at around 6 I took dose of Mira lax and within a few minutes had a BM , it was small but it was something...and then later through out the night it continued, at 5 AM I took two gel Co lace Docusate, it kinda upset my tummy for a bit, but it seemed to help take away the discomfort later.   Next time, I will take the Mira lax and Colace at same time to avoid the pain!  Interesting though, here it is 4 days later, and I still feel a little full and am carrying the extra water weight from those few days-cant wait for that to expel.    I hated going through that, but at least for next time, my medicine cabinet is well stocked.  :)   Best wishes to you-hope you get relief soon. 
MsBatt
on 9/17/12 7:15 pm
If constipation is a common complaint for you, try adding more good fats to your diet. And when things just won't move, you can actually drink shots of olive oil. Sugar alcohols are pretty good at getting things moving, too.