Out of Plus Size Stores, now where do I shop????

MissK123456789
on 5/29/13 11:57 am - PA

Ooops!  Salvation Army, Community Aid, THEN Goodwill.  :)

Jilly Bean
on 5/29/13 1:24 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Gap, Old Navy, cute little boutiques, Vonmaur, the world is your oyster. Crack that sucker open!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

SoCaPinkLady
on 5/30/13 12:47 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I still shop at ROSS just not in the Plus Size Dept.  I get my jeans at Walmart as I like how the Faded Glory fit my body. Most of my tee shirts I get at the Disney Employee Company store very cheap and I love being able to buy Mediums/Large.

Lori                               

Lisa T.
on 5/30/13 3:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

It took me 3 trips to the mall with nothing to show for it to realize I needed to go back to the petite section.  I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman....I have money and no clothes! 

Now, I pop tags at the thrift shop or Goodwill.  Macy's, NY &  Co, and Target have been good to me too. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

msbutterfly23
on 5/31/13 3:10 am - TX

I got caught up and bought some more expensive stuff as my weight started to fall off...quickly realized that was not a good idea. I was literally too small for them after about 3 weeks or so. Now my fave places to shop are Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and of course Goodwill (in the more upscale areas). I try to shop sale racks more often than not. I cannot wait until I get to goal so that I can shop in other places and get some permanent pieces for my wardrobe. I also plan to invest in a sewing machine so that I can alter and start to make some of my own stuff (I used to do fashion drawings and sew when I was in high school). I love Target and Old Navy too and I frequent those stores pretty regularly as well. Cute accessories and basic pieces from Forever 21 (yes, the teenie bopper store, LOL) have been staples for me as well...super cheap and just the right price to satisfy my trendy side without blowing my budget reserved for pricier pieces. Shopping is so much more fun now!

Surgery Date 10-22-2012 5'3" SW:239.5 GW:130 It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?..."Marianne Williamson        

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 265 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 135 views
Recent Topics