Do your tastes change?

PetHairMagnet
on 7/21/13 1:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

True across the board--I don't think much fits that criteria.

But true for some? Yes.

I have had a strange thing in that I crave something, but then I taste it and don't like it. Spaghetti sauce, for example. I am approved to eat ricotta with spaghetti sauce and cheese on it. But it tastes off to me. So I skip the sauce or use VERY little (if making it for my husband, too) and am just fine. My head wants it, my tongue says no thank you.

My husband still craves a juicy, thick bacon cheeseburger. He's going to be a year out in October. I make him alternatives. Like a piece of bacon cut up and melted cheese over it and a tiny crumble of ground beef in it. Totals about 3 ounces and fills him up and meets his craving 100%. The thought of it, makes me sick though! And I will admit, I liked them before, it grosses me out now.

And try not to think of foods as bad. Think of them as unhealthy and then find a way to make them healthy. When my husband craves ice cream, I make him something that satisfies his craving with yogurt, protein powder and a soft serve machine. It is healthy and still yum for him.  If you demonize food, it will be harder to deal with over your lifetime. Use it as a tool to fuel your body help you transform in the long and lean YOU!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Trex1980
on 7/21/13 1:41 pm

I am four weeks out, used to LOVE sweets. Now they make me nauseous. Even my protein shakes are too sweet! I don't dump, I just can't even think about eating anything sweet or my stomach turns!

Louy
on 7/21/13 10:14 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Thanks everyone.  Ok I'm going o think of ways to get the taste of favourite foods but use heathy  ingredients instead of Faty, sugary foods. I can do that :) 

I'm really starting to stress about everything but I know it's the right thing to do. Bit scared indecision

Most Active
Recent Topics