RNY/RYGB Surgery Soon

tbearluv
on 11/17/13 12:56 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Greetings, Rob..., thank you for sharing your story, you nailed it on the head, I'm sitting here now thinking about those fries and taco bell I can't have anymore...but in my current state, limited mobility and back problems, continuing to eat the foods I was is just going to hurt me sooner than later....I'm sorry to hear about your complications and glad to know you are on the road to recovery. 

TomN
on 11/17/13 8:01 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

Wishing you only success in your journey.  I was back at work in five days...sore and tired but put in a full week.  It got easier as time went on and I went back to walking as soon as I could as I started walking my dogs every day a few months before surgregret I do not regret my decision at all and very thankful I found this site the night before my surgery.  I began this journey at 488 and am now 238 lbs and ran a 5K this morning in 30:35.  Once you make the decision to make it work, stay positive, stay moving, stay hydrated, stay Protien forward and learn to live life out of the shadows!  We remain here for you...

tbearluv
on 11/17/13 12:58 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Greetings, TomN, thanks for the encouraging words and letting me know that I can get back to work sooner than later...I'm all in and going to do this. 

cajungirl
on 11/17/13 8:15 am

Being a little nervous is fairly common. If you have done your reserach and are comforable with your surgeon go for it. Complications can happen as you read here, those with complications for the most are still happy they had WLS. 

I'll be 9 years out come February and have had ZERO regrets. I'd do it again if I had to. I've been able to maintain below goal with little effort. I remain involved in the WLS community and weigh daily. I believe keeping a support system is paramount to never forgetting where you came from  and keeping the weight off. 

Look ok at the vets that stay involved on OH. We stay involved for a reason, it helps us and we pay it forward. Look at the past post from those asking for help because of regain it's been a long time for most of them since they've posted anything. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

tbearluv
on 11/17/13 1:00 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Greetings, Cajungirl, thanks for the support and encouraging words...I'm overwhelmed with so many responses and will not get a chance to respond to each one, but I have definitely READ all of them, and one fact remains the same no one regrets their decision to do this...so I'm going for it! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/13 8:27 am

I am one month post-op today.I can say I do feel better.Tomorrow I will post my weight on how much I am down.I am not in size 24 pants anymore I am in a size 20.I think before the surgery I was more afraid of the unknown.How was I going to look how was I going to feel? I had a lot of questions.But now I am losing weight.Taking care of myself which I have not in a long time.This I know this is not a quick fix it is defiantly a life change.I have read negative posts and a lot of positive posts also. I don't want ever to go to a party or resturant and be worried if the chair was going to hold me.Now I know that I am taking the steps to take care of myself. I did this for me.

tbearluv
on 11/17/13 12:48 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Greetings, sittinginabooth4real, thank you for the story and encourgaging words. Congrats on your surgery, and a speedy recovery! 

rels1962
on 9/20/14 7:36 am

I just had the rygb done on sept 9 2014 i'm so pissed that I did this I hate it Im so depress its really hard  I'm on my 2 week now where u can't really eat anything the 24th is my 2 week check up everyone says it  better after your 2 weeks we will see do a lot of thinking first read up on it  but make sure u like the protein shake and lots of yogurt if I could go back I would have never done it and you got to drink lots of fluids take a look in your book for the menu they got for u to do on your 1st 2 weeks I didn't if I would no way would I done this its not easy

Most Active