toradol

barb.k
on 11/22/13 3:32 am - Williamson, GA

Thanks for clarifying my misconception, Hope I never have kidney stones, Toradol is the winner for renal colic.

barb.k

kinny09
on 11/22/13 3:58 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

This is one bit of information you may be interested in/anyone else interested on this subject, that I extracted from a 2010 study:

"Currently, there is no prospective study to assess the longitudinal risk of NSAID use after bariatric surgery. Further investigations are certainly needed. Many bariatric surgery patients also have rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis requiring chronic use of NSAID. At this point, clinicians should carefully weigh the risks and benefits of continuing NSAID therapy after RYGB (26). Concurrent use of a proton-pump inhibitor should be considered as this class of drugs has been shown to have a protective effectagainst peptic ulcer disease and marginal ulceration (25,27). Nevertheless, controlled trials are needed to determine the efficacy of proton pump inhibitors in this particular patient population and for this specific indication. Sucralfate is not expected to be effective for this indication, as it requires gastric acid and low luminal pH to be activated."

Study here: http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/medicine/divisions/digestive-health/nutrition-support-team/nutrition-articles/Chan_Part2_Article.pdf

So what I take away from that, ASMBS recommendations, etc. is to really only use NSAID's under supervision/awareness of your bariatric surgeon or PCP who is familiar enough with the post-op risks who can monitor you...

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Most Active