Not to be grim - BUT newbies... HEED THE WARNING!

2_be_me_again
on 12/31/13 9:44 am

Thank you for your encouragement.  

Yes - I'm glad you came on OH today - at the right time.  I certainly don't want to be a debbie-downer...but it's a cold reality that us GB folks have to face.   Just like they say it's a lifetime of maintenance/effort after you reach goal... it's a lifetime of being a supporter to others and a recipient of support when you need it. 

Have a wonderful and Happy New Year!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/31/13 9:29 am - Windsor, Canada

Good for you. I'm not as worried about the weight as I am worried about your liver. 

We lost a very lovely in our support group this year because of this

Please take care of yourself,  Hugs...and thanks so much for sharing your story to help others.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

2_be_me_again
on 12/31/13 9:50 am

Hi Dawn,

I didn't even consider my liver until a few days ago.  I've been reading so much about addition after WSL that it was a sad reality check.  I've been really fortunate to have had ZERO complications (healthwise) after this surgery...to think my liver could fail at anytime, was an eye opener.  I haven't been to the surgeon for a check up in almost a year and half.  But I have scheduled my scans and blood draws to see where I'm deficient.  Talk about a functioning alcoholic... I remembered to take all my supplements at least.   But yes...the liver is on my mind now.  WATER WATER WATER...and more WATER!

Thank you so much!

Happy New Year to you...

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

AuntSugar
on 12/31/13 9:52 am - La Verne, CA

From a former alcoholic - once you quit, you will never want to go back.  You'll feel amazing!  You've got lots of support here, don't be afraid to ask if you need some on occasion!  

2_be_me_again
on 12/31/13 10:23 am

Thanks so much!

I recognized my probably last year and said I would stop... but clearly, stopping on my own hasn't worked!  That' why I came to my support group!  I appreciate your support! I really do.

Happy New Year to you...

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Jessica Wyatt
Robinson

on 12/31/13 10:16 am - Lansing, MI

I understand completely! I remember what seemed at the time like vague warnings about alcohol and I turned out to suffer from alcoholism too. Have met plenty of post-GBers in recovery over the last 5 1/2 yrs too. If you want help contact your nearest Alcoholics Anonymous, they have been a great help to me.

I'm happy to chat or email anytime too.

2_be_me_again
on 12/31/13 10:28 am

Hi Jessica,

Thank you so much for your note.  Though I have looked up AA in my area...got dressed and was ready to go.  I never made it there.  I swear the fear of saying out loud - I'm an alcohlic was too much to bare at the time.  While I know OH is not AA... I decided to write in a public form. 

I've sent you a friend request. 

If you are regular on OH or when ever you jump on... I would greatly appreciate you checking in if you remember.

Have a wonderful New Year!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Caroline K.
on 12/31/13 10:16 am

Best of luck, sounds like a tough row to hoe, but at least you've recognized your problem and have a plan. I hope the new year is good to you.

2_be_me_again
on 12/31/13 10:32 am

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Happy New Year to you...

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

tdbull
on 12/31/13 10:21 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
As a newbie who liked my glass of wine after a hard day's work, I appreciate your candid post. It was a little hard over the holidays drinking water and tea while everyone was drinking their hard liquor or wine, but I did it and I feel terrific. I have a resolution to not touch alcohol now that I have had this surgery - I don't want to know how alcohol will affect me post surgery. Thank you for this post and I wish you every success in the New Year!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active