5 months out and I have some "Questions" please answer.

Nickeliz
on 4/15/14 11:57 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

#4-Ugh. I have definitely had the problem of the moving, stabbing, searing pain. The first time I got it was in my waist and I got it whenever I bent down to pick something up. The next place I got it was right where my leg hits my hip and it mainly struck when I got in and out of my car. It then hit my shoulder when I lifted my arm and is currently in my breast area and happens when I make any fast moves like stopping short in tennis. It is very weird so I asked about it on here awhile back and someone mentioned something about nerve endings taking some time to move as your body changes. I liked that answer so I'm sticking with it :) It always goes away, but I find using an ace bandage to bind those areas or wearing something tight with spandex helps a lot until it does. I hope that helps. 

Grim_Traveller
on 4/15/14 1:51 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I was your size when I started, at 475. I'm 6'3", and have been at a consistent 185 for 8 or 9 months now. You can continue losing forever, as long as you are eating fewer calories than you burn. But in real life, it gets a little bit harder each month.

I lost an average of 20 pounds a month for the first 5 months, then 15 for a while, and then gradually less as I increased calories. I lost everything I wanted to at the one year mark. It seems like the first year is when most lose the majority of their excess weight. I approached it like a race, doing everything I could to lose before  the clock ran out

My goal weight changed. My doctor's goal was 250. My own goal was 225. But I kept losing, so I just went with it.

My body is still adapting. Even though my weight has been stable since last August, my shape continues to change. I'm filling out in some spots, and slimming in others.

I am more active now than before surgery, and my joints hurt just as much. I suppose if I was less active they wouldn't hurt as much. But I did a lot of damage for a lot of years. I'm planning on having both knees replaced next year.

I don't drink at all, so I can't help you there. For crunchies I make 100 calorie microwave popcorn packs.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

barb.k
on 4/15/14 11:27 pm - Williamson, GA

Congrats you are doing great. I have had roasted chick peas for my crunchie craving. You can spice with whatever you like, sweet, spicy (wasabi) or sea salt and it is protein.

barb.k

MrsLitch
on 4/16/14 12:23 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

My substitute for the crunchy salty chip craving is bacon made in the microwave between two paper towels until it's snap apart crispy I dab all the excess grease from it, snap it into smaller pieces and put it in a bowl. It gives me the crunch and the salt, it also is protein and since I eat so very few fats it gives me some fat in my diet.

You can also try cheese crisps where you bake cheese until it's crispy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics