Out of surgery!

BasayRN
on 7/26/14 1:09 am

Congrats! I just had surgery yesterday too... Is the discomfort what you expected or not? I am nervous about day 5. I've read on these blogs that that day is the worst...

KristenRB82
on 7/26/14 2:28 am

I am actually in a lot of pain. I keep walking an whatnot, but that isn't hrlling. Turns out I had a hiatal hernia that they fixed an a lot of scar tissue from when my gallbladder was taken out that they removed. Making my recovery a little more difficult. The pain pump that I had for the first 24 hours was great. I never even got close to discomfort. After they took it out, it was a different story. They took the pain pump out about 9am yesterday morning and then at around 1 they gave me my first dose of the liquid hydrocodone. I had a bad reaction to it. I felt flushed and my body looked sunburned. My head felt dizzy and my blood pressure spiked. They decided to give me one more rose of the liquid hydrocodone at around 5, and this time it was even worse. Not to mention it did nothing for the pain. Long story short, it wasn't until about 1am this morning that they got my pain under control where I could actually sleep.

ANTI0NETTE
on 7/27/14 7:20 am

Congratulations on ur surgury.  Im glad that you all going thru it together.  

Sandie E.
on 7/26/14 1:18 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Welcome to the bench!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

KristenRB82
on 7/26/14 2:30 am

Thank you, thank you! Glad to be here!

Nola68
on 7/26/14 5:58 am

I had my surgery on Tuesday, they gave me tylenol in the hospital after they removed the pump.  I so far don't seem to be in a lot of pain, I came home Thursday, had had no tylenol since Wednesday evening, after a one hour drive home I still didn't need anything.  Since I have been home I've taken tylenol only once for a headache.  Hope your pain is much better. 

I will be glad when I can get off the clear liquids, I can't wait to have cream of wheat or pureed oatmeal after the first week.

67 Years old - HW 252 - SW 231 - CW 149 - GOAL 145  RNY 7/22/2014

robinreinhardt
on 7/26/14 8:13 am

Kristen,

Happy to hear you did so well. Keep us posted. I am a newbie but so far just love this site.

Robin

juluch
on 7/27/14 1:36 am

Glad to hear!  Congratulations!  I'm 7 weeks out and feel amazing and am down 30 pounds today!  After the first week it gets easier every day.  Walk walk walk!

KristenRB82
on 7/27/14 4:23 am

Thank you! And that's awesome! Congrats on your loss and hard work :)) 

samhain
on 7/27/14 2:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about your pain issues, I know that must be frustrating. But I'm very glad to hear things went well, here's to a speedy recovery!