3 months out

lomercha
on 9/23/14 11:57 am

You have a tool you did not have before. Don't waste your time worrying, but DO follow the rules and use your tool. You have what you need to be successful. Also, listen to your body. If you are not physically hungry, don't eat. If you are physically hungry, then eat...but not until you feel full or stuffed. Really work on listening to your body (not head hunger). For me that has been the key to long term success. I am 5 years post op and at my lowest weight. It is worth it.

Denise2200
on 9/24/14 1:43 am

I second what dragonlove said, "maybe you need to scare yourself!"  If you are only 3 months out and eating whatever you want, why did you bother putting your body through the trauma of this surgery?  It may seem like I'm being judgmental, but I'm really not judging you.  I'm just trying to make you look at reality.  There are people who even YEARS down the road go back to eating whatever they want and gain their weight back.  Why would you want to set yourself up for that failure so early in the game by eating whatever you want only 3 months out?  I myself am now a little over 5 months out and will take a bit of a cookie or a bite of my son's pizza and things like that, but that's as far as I go, and I didn't start doing that until about 3 weeks ago because I feel that after doing everything "by the book" as long as I did, those little bites are enough for me to be satisfied.

I also agree with others who have mentioned working with a counselor and/or nutritionist on this.  It sounds like maybe you might not have been quite ready to have the surgery yet.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views