One Month Out and Just Not Feeling Well

teacherford
on 9/30/14 5:33 am
RNY on 06/09/14

So I have had on and off issues with nausea. I have zofran in the days it was bad. My dr also told me about lemon heads if the zofran didn't work. Yes I know it is sugar, but I only had one here or there, and no where near close to a serving (think 1-3 a day and a serving is 10 or more depending on size). It really helped to get food in. I ended up with kidney stones was what was causing the nausea. They at first kept giving me pregnancy test after pregnancy test because that seemed to be the only reasonable explanation at the time. I just made sure I always got enough liquids, and then ate as much protein as I could. Tuna fish is a great source of protein, and so is shrimp and are easier for me to eat than poultry and ground meat. 

Calling your surgeon is a good idea. It could always be something more than just simple nausea, unfortunately for me we didn't put 2 and 2 together until I started having the worst pain in my life, and that is saying something after the last year and a half of the worst headaches ever.

Feel better, hang in there, and yes it does get better eventually.

HW: 322.8 SW: 305.3 RNY 6/9/14. Preop Loss: -17.5 M1: -22.4 W5: -4.5  W6: -1.6 W7: -4.7 W8: -3.3 M2: -14.1 W9: -2.8 W10: -3.7 W11: -2.9 W12: -3.1 M3: -12.5 W13: -6.1 W14: -3.2 W15: -3 W16: -2.5 M4:-14.8 W17: -4.2 W18:-4.5 W19:-3.6 W20: -0 M5: -12.3 W21:-.5 W22: -4.5 W23:-9 W24: -3.4 M6:-17.4 W25:-2

JAMStribe
on 9/30/14 7:13 am

I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well but I completely understand.  I had severe nausea up till almost 6 weeks after surgery.

It took that long for me to not feel like a recovering surgery patient.  No interest in food is a given and its a gift.  It won't always be that way.

I don't like the protein shakes so once I could eat soft foods, I stuck with them. Once in a while I will drink a shake if Im in a time crunch but

98% of the time I won't. The protein bars are the same for me, they taste God Awful, so I still have about 5-6 sitting on my dresser in the box they came in. 

My Dr would not give me nausea medicine, they wanted it to work itself out just in case it was masking something more serious. But you can always ask.

I felt like I lived by the clock for so long, I still do but I feel like I am in a routine and it's not so bothersome anymore. 

My counselor says "Buyers Regret" is perfectly normal.  And shes right I am finally sortof glad that I had the surgery and I am definitely glad I am

over the nausea part!!!! 

Best of luck to you   

Most Active