Anyone else have irritated nerves??

LittleMiss2013
on 7/3/15 9:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I have had nerve pain both pre-op and post op...but totally different kinds. Post op I had BURNING down my right leg. Felt like someone was holding a blow torch to my skin. Turned out I had 3 herniated discs and the beginnings of Spinal Stenosis.

About 6 months post op I started getting what I can only describe as painful skin on my upper back...like between my shoulder blades. It hurt for my shirt to touch it. I told my dr. and he said the same thing everyone else here said...sounds like shingles. He looked me over and couldn't SEE any sign of shingles. It has happened a few times since. Just comes and goes on its own for days at a time...but never develops into "shingles". I have never had shingles and am not familiar with them...but Dr says it sounds exactly like shingles....yet no shingles. I also think it is nerve damage.

I used to take Meloxicam (an Nsaid) pre-op and it was the only thing that offered some relief from the pain. Post-op I have tried Gabapentin, Baclofen (muscle relaxer), pain killers, etc, etc...and nothing works for ME...but it might be worth trying. It might work for you, and any relief is better than none I would imagine. Good luck

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers