On the flip side - 1 mo. post-op and struggling

Angelique J.
on 11/10/15 6:40 pm - Allentown, PA

I probably won't end up getting rid of my fibro med, bipolar meds, anxiety meds, or migraine meds and that's fine so I know I will be left with a handful of meds no matter what. I am hoping the big ones get easier because some of mine, even though they are capsules, don't come any smaller and they just plain old suck! I had no idea there was a once a day lactose pill. I just looked it up and set it up for subscription service through Amazon, so thanks! It doubles as a probiotic so hopefully that helps as well. 

I think that is a big part of my nausea too - so much food just doesn't taste good anymore. So much stuff just taste bland. I have always naturally eaten a pretty low salt diet, but for the first time in my life I added salt to my food the other day. I said to my husband, "Did you forget to salt this?" Everything just tastes so weird. This didn't happen with the lapband and it has really broadsided me.

Meat is really taking a toll on me. That and the fact that some days I can tolerate and it other days it acts like I have morning sickness - I can barely make it to the bathroom before it escapes me. I feel like meat is my best chance for protein as I don't eat beans and the shakes I tried that didn't have whey were A. expensive and B. horrible. I will look into bariatric advantage though. Thanks! 

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

seattledeb
on 11/10/15 7:39 pm

Dehydration also causes nausea and a craving for salt. 

crazy4birds
on 11/10/15 8:48 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I forgot to add that the shake stuff I use is Syntrax Nectar and you can get it other places besides Bariatric Advantage.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

seattledeb
on 11/10/15 3:29 pm

Another tip. I find it incredibly difficult to take meds with plain water.  Right now about 2ounces of chocolate almond milk is working. 

Angelique J.
on 11/10/15 6:40 pm - Allentown, PA

Already have it, will do!

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

diane48
on 11/10/15 11:40 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

You might check out Patch MD for your vitamins.  They have a lot of the vitamins/calcium in patch form.  That might help.