Out of Control Hunger

Pokemom
on 1/17/17 12:44 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

As someone who struggles with sleep, I really think that could be a huge contributor.  For me, when I don't sleep well, I am very snackish the next day.  Like out of control snackish.  13 pounds in a year is 1 pound a month, which is 3500 extra calories a month, which is 100 extra calories a day.  100 calories a day!  That is so easy to consume if you are snacking.  This is definitely a problem for me too.  And I have read that as we age, sleep can get more challenging.  I have been working at developing a better pre-bed routine.  Warm baths help.  Avoiding "screen time."  Avoiding stressful things like the news or money management.

odie
on 1/17/17 1:00 pm
RNY on 05/26/14

Yes, the coordinator for my surgeon mentioned that I was taking a lot of pills that cause hunger.  I may talk to my regular doctor the next time I go in to see him.

The Wellbutrin and Abilify were prescribed to help "boost" the Paxil.

He thinks that it is depression that is causing the sleep problems.  Spring will be here before we know it and working in the yard always helps my mood.

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

Dee R.
on 1/17/17 1:35 pm - CA

I honestly don't know about the effects of my little drug ****tail.  Celexa, Buspar, and Cymbalta.  But, I don't SEEM to be hungry.  Hmmmmm..................

odie
on 1/17/17 1:48 pm
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 17, 2017 at 9:35 PM Pacific Time, Dee R. wrote:

I honestly don't know about the effects of my little drug ****tail.  Celexa, Buspar, and Cymbalta.  But, I don't SEEM to be hungry.  Hmmmmm..................

Thank you, I'll look them up!!

Dee R.
on 1/17/17 1:56 pm - CA

Thank you so much!  I would totally appreciate that! 

odie
on 1/17/17 2:33 pm
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 17, 2017 at 9:56 PM Pacific Time, Dee R. wrote:

Thank you so much!  I would totally appreciate that! 

They don't mention anything about hunger for Buspar.  One of the side effects for both Celexa and Cymbalta is loss of appetite!!  Good to know!

Dee R.
on 1/18/17 5:45 am - CA

VERY good to know!  Thanks!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/17/17 6:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I was on Buspar for over 10 years and never had hunger problems with it. The Celexa, though, was pretty bad at first, but once I got acclimated it got much better.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Dee R.
on 1/18/17 5:47 am - CA

I've been on the Celexa for years now.  So, it's well imbedded in my system.

seattledeb
on 1/18/17 12:14 am

I feel hunger if i eat carbs and matter how many carbs I eat I'm still hungry.

If you add on emotional ick the carbs are making me hungry game really increases.

I need to have easy to eat protein around all the time or I will carbs. And be hungry.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views