Share your best menu hack!

ladygodiva1228
on 10/19/18 1:13 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Have you ever taken a look at www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

She had tons of different recipes for everything even ice cream.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sheila_H
on 10/19/18 6:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hmmm, I better look at her site again. Thanks!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

LuckyLoser
on 10/18/18 4:17 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

I guess pizza is pretty popular. I bought Cali'Flour plain pizza crusts online. I haven't seen them in supermarkets yet, but I don't live near a particularly large city. Be careful because my supermarkets are carrying CauliPower pizza and pizza crusts. They contain brown rice flour

The ingredients for the Cali'Flour crusts are listed below. The crusts are like Neapolitan pizza (thin crust) and the ingredients are listed for 1/3 of a crust, which ends up being a large slice.

I make my own marinara sauce which already fits into my WLS menu plan: Imported Italian plum tomatoes (strained), imported Italian tomato paste, small amount of olive oil, water, spices to taste including oregano, crushed red pepper, minced garlic (or if you use fresh garlic cloves, dig them out when you finish simmering the sauce), minced onion, salt, pepper, and fennel (optional, if you want the sauce to taste like Italian sausage was cooked in it). When you simmer the sauce for 4 to 6 hours, you can place cooked pork, meatballs, sausage, or veal in the sauce to give flavor to the sauce.

I only like plain cheese pizza. So I use the marinara sauce on top of the crust along with shredded low fat mozzarella and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Then I cook it in a regular or toaster oven until the crust is crisp and the top is sizzling. The sky's the limit as to what toppings you can put on your pizza!

Here are the ingredients in the Cali'Flour plain pizza crust. There are also other flavor crusts on line with other ingredients in them.

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 6:37 pm

That is so interesting. Thank you for sharing.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

peachpie
on 10/18/18 4:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hmm- I've been wracking my brain over this one. I feel like my modifications are minor, or maybe I'm so used to them that them seem minor.

my favorite foods from before were all breakfast foods. Not really 'hack-able' or I'm just not that motivated to find hacks. I usually end up still making these things for my family, who'd want them normal style-- so if I can't slightly modify my own portion I have it as-is or go without.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 6:20 pm

DCGirl, I will hack your hack and put the taco meat in half of an avocado and top with a little cheese, salsa and sour cream. If you precook the taco meat and freeze it in portions, you will always have a quick meal if you have the other ingredients on hand.

One of my fav hacks is to get a Venti iced decaf Americano with SF Cinnamon Dolce from Starbucks.

Adding Premier Protein Vanilla to coffee in the morning instead of cream is a good hack.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

CJ On Orcas
on 10/18/18 7:05 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

One of my serious downfalls was sweets. Well savory too ;) but I found a pretty good substitute for peanut butter cookies,

1 Cup chunky peanut butter

1 Cup WheyLow sugar substitute (or you favorite substitute)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix everything until it gets thick, then drop by teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Flatten with the wet bottom of a glass. I like to put couple of peanut halves and a pinch of salt on top of each. and bake for about 8 minutes at 350 until they just start to turn brown at the edges. Cool. Makes about 16 cookies

These are not low cal cookies but they are low carb and have protein. Also, WheyLow does have carbs. I just cannot tolerate erythritol or Splenda. Rather have just one cookie that tastes good

seattledeb
on 10/19/18 12:46 am

A fine cookie it is!

Amy Liz
on 10/18/18 7:09 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I've tried every cauliflower hack there is and at the end of the day? It doesn't taste like mashed potatoes, rice, potato salad, bread sticks or pizza crust - it tastes like cauliflower, lol. I don't mind cauliflower - just not in disguise. I do like riced cauliflower w/chicken curry - now that is a great combo.

My favorite thing is probably my burger salad. I cut up my fresh grilled burger and put everything I like on my burger in a bowl and toss - incredible!

Trader Joe's frozen haricot verts green beans - roasted in oven - very high heat until they are crispy and browned, but not burned - they taste like french fries to me.

Portabella pizza is awesome

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 10/18/18 10:01 pm

Hmmm! I'm going to try those haricot verts!