Hot Tea

catwoman7
on 1/9/19 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I did, too - I was so envious of people who could drink it right away!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 1/8/19 6:45 pm

Hi Chip!

My surgeon cut me off from coffee (not caffeine) starting with my pre-op diet and lasting until about 7 months post-op. His concern was the acidity of coffee rather than it's caffeine. I have always been free to use any type of tea I desire, including all black teas. I do drink a ton of tea, primarily though not exclusively black, but I still (almost always) follow my surgeon's rule to not exceed two 8-ounce cups of coffee per week. Cold brewing coffee reportedly reduces it's acidity by a huge percentage, but I have yet to prepare any with that method.

I absolutely feel much more revved up on the days I have coffee than when I drink my endless cups of tea. Coffee in the afternoon will banish sleep until perhaps 3 AM, but black tea will never affect me that way. It's just too weak caffeine-wise, and I don't make it terribly strong anyway, as the main reason I drink it is to hydrate rather than to wake myself up.

Kathy S.
on 1/9/19 8:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I tea and my surgeon never limited what I drank. Check with your surgeon and see what they recommend

The next time you go to the store, they have some wonderful herbal flavored teas. Feel better!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Irishteacher
on 1/15/19 2:58 pm

I drink 3 or 4 cups a day with protein milk and the dietician is happy that I'm getting the extra fluids. It's so comforting on a cold day or when you're under the weather. I'd say there's little harm in it.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views