Living with the bypass

Partlypollyanna
on 1/9/19 4:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Thank you for sharing that! The OP is pretty anxious so I hope hearing from people who can speak to quality (and quantity!) of life will help!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

selhard
on 1/9/19 9:21 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Your level of caring is commendable, Partlypollyanna. Might the following words help Cris1976, as well... my no-regret, leap-of-faith WLS was in 2012 at age 52. As I was being wheeled into the operating room, the surgeon bent over me and said "this will give you fifteen more years you would have never seen otherwise."

Partlypollyanna
on 1/10/19 3:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is so powerful, it gives me chills!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LuckyLoser
on 1/10/19 9:43 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi Cris:

You said that you had bypass surgery 9 months ago and you have regretted it every day since?

You didn't post any statistics regarding your weight loss, but I would imagine you must have lost some weight at 9 months post-op. Does that bring you any joy?

You don't really explain why you regret your WLS so much. You only hint at the fact that you worry the surgery might shorten your life. For most of us, the complications from our obesity are what would more likely shorten our lives and not WLS with resultant weight reduction.

I had RNY 4.5 months ago at age 63. I had some post-op complications, what veterans here call "bumps in the road." I'm 2/3 toward my goal weight already. To me, that's remarkable since I could never lose more than 15 lbs and then couldn't even keep that off.

Prior to having your bypass, what were you expecting after the surgery? Were they realistic expectations or are they the reason behind your strong regret post-op? Just something to think about.

Let us hear more about your post-op concerns. I bet there are others on this forum who have dealt with similar regrets and they can help you cope with them along with your therapy.

We do care about you . . .

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?