What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 4/23/19 8:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

thank God for smartphones!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 4/23/19 8:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! It's supposed to be 80 today which would be fabulous it were Saturday, but I'll take the sunshine any day. This would be a great day to swim - too bad I didn't plan better but honestly I'm still working on a gym schedule. We got my son signed up yesterday and that was motivating. Just need to flush out the negativity and focus on the positive.

QOTD - I have always loved blue - I am drawn with so many shades to choose from, but that is more nature, scenery and landscape. Flowers - I love all colors, what ever strikes me really. I have red, purple, pink, white, and I recently planted the prettiest yellow daisy with a big purple center - I just adore this sunny pot! My home and clothing are about the same - neutrals with pops of color that I love.

Accountability - Snacking before and after dinner. Not an excuse, but something to work on - I was super busy and not even hungry so I don't understand how I mindlessly snacked and it didn't really register what I was doing. How was I that distracted, twice? I don't think it was denial - maybe I just didn't care? I was in a lot of pain from my hip and now that I think about it, eating had always equaled comfort so maybe it was an auto pilot old habit? Must be more mindful especially when I don't feel well. Huh, that seems to be when I am at my weakest eating-wise.

2 years, 5 months

b- coffee x 3, HB eggs

l-albacore tuna w/mayo and balsamic vinegar

d-ham and eggbeaters w/cheese

snack beef jerky

v/l on track

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Teenie
on 4/23/19 10:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Wow glad that Holiday is over. Those M&M'S crept into my diet very easily. Thank god I'm not too far out of surgery 15 months the 2lbs I found this weekend came off quickly and today is a new day.

QOTD: Orange I don't understand why it's not everyone's favorite color. It has been my favorite since childhood. I think because it reminds me of sunshine and warmth.

B: Barriatric Advantage HPMR with Fiber and miralax

Coffee with ID sugar free Caramel Macchiato

s Triple Zero Blueberry Yogurt , Grain Free Apple Cinnamon MiniMuffin 1oz Cheddar Cheese and small piece Teriyaki Jack link.

Protein infused water

L: wonton pizza muffin , Tuna Salad

D Shrimp ****tail ham and cheese

Accountable for all liquids and Vitamins

Have a great Afternoon!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

kairosgrammy
on 4/23/19 12:43 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Had a good check up on my back. The MRI showed a few mild changes but no real explanation except for "Arther" being a real booga bear not no explanation for the pain I was in. It isn't gone, but definitely, definitely not anywhere near as bad as it was. I suspect that it was nerve pain aggravated by the epidural and that I just needed time for it to calm down. Also, am taking gabupentin at night which is for nerve pain. My arthritis is particularly bad in my facet joints so they are going to do a nerve block for that. Hope that doesn't make things worse instead of better.

QOTD: Favorite color, sometimes blue, sometimes pink. I buy a lot of clothes those colors but actually, I'm a pastelly color kinda girl.

Accountability: Nothing to report. On plan and behaving myself.

TSS: 18 months

B: Caramel Macchiato Smoothie

MS: (of sorts) Coffee with collagen, coffee

L: Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Zucchini (1.5 oz)

AS #1: Jack's Turkey Links (2 oz), Weigh****cher Salted Hummus Chips

AS #2: Quest Protein Bar, Birthday Cake

S: Barbecue Chicken made with G, Hughes sugar-free bbq), Farro (1.5 oz), Asparagus 6 spears

ES: Iced Protein Coffee, Coffee with Collagen, Sardines with some sliced tomatoes

Total Calories: 1597 Pro: 195g, Carbs: 97g, Fat: 44g Fiber: 35g, Sugar: 32g Macros: Pro: 50% (goal 40%), Carbs 25% (Goal 35%) Fat: 25% (Goal 25%)

Exercise: Walking BTW, Sunday I walked 4 miles. I rocked it. I want to add strength training back but will wait until after the nerve block is done (I have done some upper body) since I've found that lunges and such seem to aggravate my back. I hope I can add back some running, too. I was surprised to find I actually do enjoy running a little. Not my favorite thing but it does give me a nice sense of satisfaction.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

cc583
on 4/23/19 1:58 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

QOTD: Royal metallic blue.

Accountability: On plan.

B: 2eggs, 1/2 slice of cheese, turkey breakfast sausage, 1/2 orange

L: 1oz low sodium ham, 2 oz turkey breast

S: 2 oz turkey breast

D: 2 oz braised lamb shank, 8 little neck clams, 1/2C broccoli rabe

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals: 709, Carbs:15, Protein:98

Enjoy your evening everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Julia S.
on 4/24/19 9:58 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Clothing bright pinks, and purple. For my house I've gone to bright white, I tried some other colors but living in the PNW in the winter I feel like I live in a cave without the white, I also have skylights that help but still too gray here for me. Finally got some sunshine, what a relief...but the winters here kill me.

Accountability has been seriously bad, I'm not sure how to fix it. Things will be better after I have surgery in 2 weeks, and I see my counselor on Friday so that should help.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 4/25/19 5:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Can you go back to the guidelines for when you made it to "real" food? Qty might be slightly different now since we're a year plus out but the foundation would still be good! I know how tempting the head hunger can be sometimes in the grocery store....and then the temptation sometimes makes it home, do you have curbside delivery or anything like that where you are? I have that as my backup plan when I KNOW walking into the grocery store will lead to walking out with cookies which leads to dumping which leads to RH....because even knowing the outcome, I still need the physical distance/disconnect from the options. Brains are weird.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics