What's on your Photo Friday menu, RNYers?

seattledeb
on 5/10/19 6:51 pm

My father said don't mess with morons.

I'm having chicken fajitas x2 meals. I like that Starbucks cold brew on tap too. I have yogurt for later.

No pics but my boy is turning 18 tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a blurred shot.

momyshaver
on 5/11/19 3:52 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Morning,

me chiming in late as always but Beth, your garden is like a farm and I am positively thrown back into memory lane thinking of growing up around my grandparents who always had a thriving garden and strawberry patch. Those are good skills to have and I do think science is showing us how good it is for our guts and by proxy things like anxiety and depression to get out in the sun and our hands in the dirt. I am trying to get a garden going in a community garden type setting, (my partner's home). It is a raised bed we built last year but my health was too poor to plant or tend to it. He planted fruit trees around the perimeter, (apple, pear, peach, plum, cherry, hazelnut and berry bushes of red raspberry, blackberry and blueberries. The red raspberry leaves will also be dried for well woman medicinal uses.) We went out to try to stake the blackberries and discovered they were rather prolific and had rooted through the gardening fabric before we got there. Nature is full of surprises! I don't know what to plant. Some kale that was planted last year reseeded but it isn't a full row or anything and my raised bed is pretty small. We had discussed chickens this year (urban) but decided now isn't the right time. I am thinking of maybe a worm tower. That seems easy enough if I can get organized enough to do it.

QOTD - passed along from my grandfather and by proxy my father "consider the source", "lay down with dogs and get up with fleas"/"birds of a feather flock together", "if everyone is doing something pause and think and be willing to turn in the opposite direction" ...lots of old tunes and such that held meaning and more for me I guess as I age, "patience is a virtue", lol...so true. I feel like so much wisdom is being lost. Great QOTD. I enjoy reading the threads even when I am a day late and a dollar short, lol

My accountability hasn't been great although it is not really impacting my weight it is effecting how I feel. Energy has been low and I am just trying to get things done for my kids, whi*****lude my adult kids for those of you who are old enough to understand what I mean. They are always our kids.

One of my adult children asked to stay and save some money for housing with her partner. It won't be easy but I can't turn her away and I love her and he is somebodies child. The mother in me sees most "children" as everyone's child and I hope that someone would extend the same kindness and hospitality towards one of my children if the situation were reversed although I know that isn't the case in our world in these times. I was raised that family does for family and although I am limited I want my children to have the security of knowing they will always have somewhere to turn. It gives me the opportunity to spend precious time with her too. Having young children as well as adults I can understand the saying the days are long but the years are short. I wish I had done things differently as a young mother even doing OK, ...I just didn't grasp things the way I do now. I thought those were the hard years. I laugh at the younger me now as I drink my morning coffee.

I hope those reading are able to be with their mothers or mother figures in their lives. I understand we live in an imperfect world and some of us are motherless for one reason or another and that situations arise that make this Hallmark holiday a painful reminder for many of us. (I have been there.) If you are reading this and that applies to you, just know you aren't alone but thankfully life is about seasons. If you find yourself in a dark place, know that brighter days tend to follow.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 343 views