What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Sheila_H
on 7/22/19 7:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning Julia & Menu peeps!

JB - your memes always make me laugh. That kid is so cute. I hope you guys have fun on the helicopter ride. We did a couple of those in Hawaii. I gotta say the only thing that bothered me was the smell of gasoline during the flight. It was very strong and gave me a nasty headache. Other than that the tours were great.

Had a great weekend. Sun was shining but it wasn't too hot, high 60s low 70s. Sat was a beach day. Sun we went to a 50th surprise garden party. Great fun and saw bunch of people hadn't seen in a while.

QOTD: Aladdin & lion king. All the queen songs because of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Accountability: OK, couple of scoops of icecream at the party.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Turkey meatloaf
  • Chicken fajita
  • Yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great Monday.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 7/22/19 8:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I didn't think that I loved Queen...and then I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and LOVED it and realized I love all the songs. I watched it on a plane on a 4 inch screen so once it's on OnDemand, I am going to watch it again in our movie room! Cannot wait!

stacyrg
on 7/22/19 8:42 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning and happy Monday. Weekend was busy, although I got a lot accomplished. Double spin on Saturday then a massage followed by errands. Yesterday I dubbed "bleed cash day." I thought I might need brakes on my car and I needed to have an eye doctor visit before the end of the month. My new firm doesn't offer vision coverage but my old one did, so I still have it through Cobra through the end of the month. Actually if I can just keep my vision, I may do that and milk one more set of contacts out of them. Anyway, they called me from the car place to tell me the brakes and tire were fine. I argued that there was no way the tire was fine as I was putting in air every 4-5 days. Sure enough, they went back and found a nail. There were also some standard maintenance items that needed to be completed. So between eyes and car I shelled out $1100. Fun times

QOTD: My absolute all time favorite is the Valley Girl soundtrack. It's a work of art. Like you, JB, I'm also a huge fan of the Graduate (how can you go wrong with Simon and Garfunkel???) and Pretty in Pink.

My plan:

B: 2 eggs scrambled, .5 oz cheddar, EBTB spice

L: ground turkey and cauliflower/sweet potato rice, parm

D: Steak

S: homemade latte, cottage cheese with blueberries.

E: depends on my day. Either non-heated spin or nothing. I haven't taken a single rest day in 2+ weeks and I'm thinking my body may thank me if I just go home. But I like the theme, so we'll see.

Emiepie
on 7/22/19 8:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, no fun having to adult right?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 7/22/19 9:53 am

I've found that Costco has the best prices for contacts.

stacyrg
on 7/22/19 11:31 am
VSG on 05/12/14

me too. This time I went to Target Optical and their prices weren't bad. They were running a special where you got 40% off your second pair of glasses. So, while I wasn't going to get glasses (I was going to order on line) they told me that they would treat the contacts through insurance as my first "pair" and the glasses would be 40% off. With all the discounts, and using my target red card, I got a years worth of contacts and glasses for $380.

Au_Contraire
on 7/22/19 4:19 pm

What a good deal!

MadisonRose
on 7/22/19 10:03 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Well it's monday again....that's about all I have to say about that. Lol. Not feeling the greatest today as my head and stomach are killing me....that time of month. Not sure why but I've noticed that since surgery my periods are a lot worse. Sorry if tmi!

QOTD: wow too many to choose from....but the breakfast club comes to mind as a favorite.

B: premier shake

L: turkey and Gouda cheese

S: laughing cow cheese dippers

D: baked salmon with zucchini and yellow squash fresh out of my parents garden.

S: fruit or Greek yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Au_Contraire
on 7/22/19 10:42 am

I hope you feel better!

Au_Contraire
on 7/22/19 10:40 am, edited 7/22/19 3:42 am

Happy Monday, my RnY kindred!

I had a great weekend involving a road trip to gorgeous Diablo Lake, followed by dinner with my kiddo. The lake and the river which flows into it are an incredible bright jade green, and even now, in late July, the Cascade mountains which surround it have snowy peaks. Truly stunning.

Dinner was at a wonderful Italian restaurant in Seattle. I generally find the Italian kitchen to be my favorite of world cuisines overall, but I was surprised at how limited the menu there was for high protein/low carb. Lots of pastas, potatoes, breads, etc. were on offer. There wasn't much choice for me, so I ended up going with pork belly (something I had never had before) on a bed of green beans with morel mushrooms (morels are an early spring mushroom, so these had been dried) and leeks. The pork belly was incredibly flavorful and tender, once I got rid of the layer of fat it came with.

Edited since the remainder of my post disappeared after inserting the pic of the lake:

First: coffee with salted caramel SF syrup

B: Tuna

L: chicken

D: shrimp stir-fry

S: a little espresso bellavitano cheese

Have a wonderful Monday, my friends!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?