Unjury powder

tsulli24
on 7/26/19 8:27 am

Thank you.

Theduffman27
on 7/26/19 9:51 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I always found unjury to leave me fulfilled as well. I have yet to try syntax. I will need to place an order!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Patty R.
on 7/26/19 8:57 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I liked the Unjury chicken broth flavor, or their unflavored powder to make my own. Sometimes the savory, warm protein drink was easier to drink than the sweet ones. The trick is using warm water to prevent a clumpy mess. Trying to use a blender to get the lumps creates a frothy mess.

Even now, almost 3 years out, I'll occasionally have an afternoon warm chicken broth as a snack. Boosts the protein for the day and is satisfying.

selhard
on 7/26/19 9:36 am, edited 7/26/19 3:01 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

www.unjury.com Unjury 100% whey protein isolate is suppose to be the most absorbable protein for WLSers. I like Unjury because it mixes well, tastes better, is medical quality, and has good customer service. I use a scoop of powder in homemade protein smoothies. Good recipes can be found at www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com I also think the Unjury chocolate flavor mixed with milk makes a good-tasting, plain 'ol chocolate milk.

catwoman7
on 7/27/19 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the two brands I keep going back to are Unjury and Syntrax (if you do Syntrax, start with their Nectar line - those are 100% whey protein isolate. Their Matrix line is a protein blend, which is OK to drink when you're further out and are getting most/all of your protein from food). Unjury now has a ready-to-drink product, too. Overall I don't care for ready-to-drink protein shakes, but Unjury's is actually really good. They have good protein bars now, too, including a smaller "snack size" bar.

Syntrax is a little more convenient to get because you can find it at (some) regular stores as well as several online sites (Amazon sells it, for one). Unjury products have to be ordered through Unjury's Web site, and you have to order a minimum amount to get the free shipping. But I would recommend both brands - they're both really good. And both sell individual packets of their protein powder, which might be a good thing to get so you can test them to see if you like them before investing $30 or $40 in a big tub of powder that you end up not liking.

Teenie
on 7/27/19 5:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I use Barriatric Advantage. I'm sure the practice I had my surgery with gets a kickback because that is what it promotes but I actually really like the taste of the Iced Latte.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 92 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views