What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/12/19 8:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh, that's a great friend to have! Have you boned with Maryann over Fleetwood Mac, btw? She is a super-fan!

I used to have a friend who worked for Actor's Equity on Broadway and she got us the most amazing seats to sold out shows. Sadly that gig (and our friendship, lol) ended before Hamilton, so I am still waiting on a way to get those tix!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 11/12/19 10:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Your mistype above is HILARIOUS. I have not boned Maryann LOL!!! But aside from that hilarious mistype, I did not realize she is a super fan! I am a fan, but seeing them live in first row was honestly the most incredible music experience of my life.

I would totally friend someone for Hamilton tickets! I still haven't seen it!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/12/19 5:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone - quick post for me as I'm between meetings...and I have 5 meetings before I travel later today.

JB, hope you feel better soon -- I think you are getting new germs at every different school!

QOTD - I will join you in the front row at Dolly Parton! She's (and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) on my bucket list (to see before they stop touring. Also, have you checked out the podcast that is all about her and how she is the great joiner for our time? There's also going to be a bunch of netflix movies soon based on all her songs). I would also like to see this new group called The Highwomen.

menu today is a bit up in the air; I've had my 3 coffees, a bunch of water and an apple, slice of cheese and tbs of peanut butter. I have a chomps for this afternoon ad then will figure out a protein forward or salad-y option at dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 11/12/19 7:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes!!!!!! I am fan-girling all over that podcast!!!! I have had a crush on Jad Abumrad for years, too, so that's pretty much my perfect podcast. So curious to hear more about the Netflix movies... her songs are full of such great stories, I can only imagine.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/12/19 7:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 11/12/19 8:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Decent list! I would have added Joshua and Coat of Many Colors to the list, but there is always a chance for season 2, right?

White Dove
on 11/12/19 6:49 am - Warren, OH
ScaleSkater
on 11/12/19 6:51 am

Good morning. Things going fairly well, though struggling with a back strain limiting upper body activities. I'm hunkered down to get under goal before the holiday. Things going well.

QOTD - Front row is overrated in my opinion. I've been front row 2 or 3 times in my life because my wife thinks they are the best seats. So unless it's a standing concert you can't see the entire stage, etc. Plus you are seating in front of the optimal sound quality area. Remember the speakers are set up to bring the sound together further back. I was Chief of my high school stage crew for a year and put on many shows. I've found that about 10 to 15 rows back is a perfect spot to sit. It took a long time for my wife to agree with me, but she does now. But to answer your question - If I could see anyone - I'd like to see Michael Bubble' That's a show being up front might be really great.

Exercise - finally got my morning bike ride back in gear - 50 min this morning. Also did 50 last night, but feared work might run late today.

Weather stinks - I had to wear the "Therm" It's my Arc'tyrx jacket I reserve for below zero wind chills only. That jacket typically doesn't come out until late Jan or early Feb. Wow, this is going to be a weird winter. Hopefully lots of deep snow!!! I almost got out Thursday for snowshoeing, but by my house it was only 5 inches deep. I didn't pull my low powder shoes out of storage. Got to do that Friday for sure.

PWO 1/2 quest bar

B - 2 eggs; 2 turkey bacon

L - 3.5 oz chicken, small salad

S - Yogurt with sliced apples

D - Lamb and small salad

S - SF Popsicle

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

White Dove
on 11/12/19 6:58 am - Warren, OH

Back in the 1950's there was a study at Ohio University. They were looking for a cure for the common cold. If they were successful, they hoped to launch a profitable new prescription medicine.

The result of the study was that the only way to stop or lessen the symptoms of a cold was to get sal****er to the bottom of the nose where it connects to the throat. Sal****er was not going to be the next big drug discovery and money maker. It cannot even be prescribed.

So sinus doctors looked for ways to get their patients to clean their nasal passage with sal****er. One suggestion was to make a bowl of warm sal****er, put your face and nose into it and snort it into your nose until it reached your throat, then spit it out. Other doctors recommended that their patients use a turkey baster to get the sal****er to the right place.

Then someone from India had the brilliant idea to create and market the Neti Pot. It was sold as an ancient Indian cure, but I think that was mostly hype. The pot does the job neatly and almost like magic. I have used one for over 20 years and have stopped every cold in a two days or less. I used to mix my own saline, but found the pre-mixed packets from Walgreens are much easier on my nose.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 11/12/19 9:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I haven't used one of those in years...ever since that person died from the brain eating bacteria from using tap water instead of sterilized water... They've seemed less appealing to me, ever since! Ahhh!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?