What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 1/27/20 8:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

the only time I've ever become sick on a cruise was when we were on the Mississippi River, leaving New Orleans. They were turning the ship around and the buildings along the banks of the River were spiiiinnnnnniiiinnnnnggggg. It was bad. I had to go below deck or it would have been really really bad.

supershopper
on 1/27/20 6:17 am

QOTD: Never have I ever... watched the movie ET. Neither has my husband. I know I will bawl my eyes out so I've just never watched it.

ok generally speaking food went well this weekend- went about 100 calories/macros over last night. weight stayed about the same. Got that low carb bread from ALDI they advertised. 50 cal a slice and all fiber. We ate out several times including pizza which I had a slice. recorded it and moved on.

I understand your thought about WW. I'm trying to have a better relationship with food and not saying anything in particular is off limits which is scary. At one point I had a log of all the things i couldnt have then all the things I could only have 1 times a week. If I restrict like that it backfires so it is better for me to say, ok if you want this that bad, eat it but then eat more veggies today to compensate. it is working and I'm not having all the binges I was before. scale is slow slow though and I have to be patient and develop the good habits over again.

food plan today:

salad with chicken

broccoli

coffee

protein bar/veggies

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 1/27/20 6:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

still dealing with the aftermath of a popcorn binge I had at a hockey game on Saturday, I think. Did OK yesterday, though. Will do so again today.

Some lab is calling me later this morning to screen me for yet another Alzheimer's research study - this one having to do with sleep. If I'm accepted, I have to do a sleep study. I've done several sleep studies for various research projects - so what's another one? I'm curious to see what they'll ask me on this screening interview. Otherwise, not much on the agenda today. I'll probably go to the library this afternoon to check off more items from my "to do" list. I seem to be more productive over there than I am at home - plus it gets me out of the house which means away from the refrigerator. I also need to exercise. I did weights and yoga yesterday (plus 30 mins on the stationary bike), so I'll do cardio today. Maybe a WERQ class this evening.

QOTD: some of the stuff you guys mentioned apply to me as well. Never been on a cruise, never watched certain popular TV shows (MASH comes to mind), never seen ET - and I got all the way to Japan once without using the airline bathroom (yes - I was about to DIE by the time we landed!!). In my case, it was the fear of not fitting into the airline bathroom - or not being able to get out once I got in there (because of my weight).

4 years 7 months out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with homemade cranberry sauce (made with Splenda), coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: salad with diced low-sodium turkey breast and light dressing

AS: crustless protein pumpkin pie or L&F yogurt & a pear

D: Indian curry (veggies sauteed in ghee and spices, no sauce. I'll cut up some paneer cheese and put that in it, too)

have a great day, all!

ScaleSkater
on 1/27/20 6:49 am, edited 1/26/20 10:54 pm

I'll add to your fear of the toilet JB. My vegas trip in December I had the toilet splash back the prior occupants material all over me. It was almost like the scene in a Dealth at a Funeral. I wasn't happy and actually cried for a minute. But made the best of it. My wife wasn't happy because I used her whole bottle of disinfecting spray on my body while I was in the seat.

I've been doing terrible since I've been working almost round the clock since early Jan (it's been 3 straight weeks now). I work all weekend and get home around 10pm every night. It won't end for another 2 weeks. My exercise and eating have been terrible. Now my A1C is over six again and my blood sugars are testing borderline, I'm going back to basics, including posting. I am also going to start forcing exercise vs. work. For example I got an urgent email last night at 9:45 to update some slides. I just went to bed. Sorry, it can wait. Thankfully I'm only up about 6 pounds, so its recoverable.

Never have I ever gone on a zip-line. I was too terrified the one time I had a chance (at time weighed 270). Now that I'm lighter, I think I can face that fear.

B - yogurt (low sugar greek) 2 eggs

L - Turkey, salad

S - Cheese and dried salami (1 ounce)

D - Salad, chicken burger

Emergency food if at work late and have to miss that planned dinner - Turkey and apple (last week ate Potbelly sandwiches)

P.S. Lesson to everyone - close the lid when flushing an airline toilet. I was so angry the guy didn't flush that I didn't think. But it also makes you think - what the hell was sprayed on every surface of that bathroom over time. You know that it just didn't spray that one time.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Emiepie
on 1/27/20 7:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job for taking action! You've got this.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 1/27/20 6:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

JB - that menu sounds pretty healthy - and others are right, maintenance isn't one-size-fits-all, so whatever works! Adding all those veggies seems particularly good. I bought a bunch of raw ones over the weekend to cut up so I'll something low-cal and healthy to snack on. Plus I"m going to try adding more to my regular meals, too.

Queen JB
on 1/27/20 7:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm really hoping the extra fiber from the raw fruits and veggies helps, because strict Keto was unkind to my belly.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/27/20 8:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it will for sure. The only time it's unkind to my belly is when I royally overdo it (like eating way too much bran cereal. I'll eat a bowl of it occasionally when I'm feeling like an eating machine - it's very filling and does stop the binging (usually, at least) - but then, if I eat too much of it, I'm in agony. At least with vegetables, you're not likely to get to that point. With all the water in them, you'll fill up a lot faster than you will if eating bran!)

Christina135
on 1/27/20 6:51 am

Good morning! It's good to be back in the land of the living. I survived the flu!!

QOTD - Never have I ever...gone to a movie by myself. Random!

Breakfast - nothing, fasting until noon. Hot tea, black coffee.

Lunch - Beyond burger, grilled veggies, hummus and a flat wrap with kale salad (all together)

Snack - fruit smoothie, frozen fruit, oat milk, chia seeds, water

Snack - Soyrizo with potato and onion on an English muffin

Dinner - Not sure...depends on timing!

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 1/27/20 6:20 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

glad that you are back on your feet.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views