What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/20 5:59 am, edited 4/8/20 11:02 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning JB - be kind to yourself ? this is not normal and we are al powering through it like champs but it?s going to hit you in different ways and different times so give yourself grace on those moments. We are human and this sucks, full stop.

I have a bag of Lily?s PB cups that I might try one today and this weekend I am going to try keto PB cookies with Lily?s chocolate chips.

I was supposed to be leaving tonight to spend Easter with my sissy and her kids. Everyone is well and isolated and that?s all that matters, we?ll visit again in the future.

i was so exhausted yesterday, I was reading at 430 and kept dozing off so I went to bed at 6, slept until 11, back to bed at midnight, slept til 4. I?m still tired but not exhausted.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (I?ve done 25 miles on it this week), it was an endurance walk through Tanzania plains today ? there were 3 giraffes so that was cool.

menu today is

4 oz ever roast deli chicken, 1 oz cheese

4 oz taco meat, 1 oz cheese

carbmaster cottage cheese with 1 Tbs pb

2 Lily?s Pb cups (my virtual bookclub treat)

half and half in my coffee

have a great JR Friday everyone (and enjoy Good Friday off if you get it!)

Oh, I forgot QOTD so editing to add - I had bought some neck gaiter things for my ATV adventure in feb, they came 6 to a pack; I gave one to my friend Bill when we were on the ATVs but have been using the others as masks. They are really long so i double/triple them over my mouth and nose.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 8:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I felt 1000 times better by 8am once I had knocked some things off of my to-do list that were weighing on me, but I am trying to take it as a learning opportunity... I am being very intentional about taking breaks today, and since I started working at 5:30am, I think I am going to knock off early and start by 3 day weekend by 2pm, dammit! :)

Sorry that you are missing Easter with the family. We are doing virtual dessert together. It won't be the same but I am grateful that everyone is healthy and that we live in an age when there is technology to be together even when we are apart.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/20 2:20 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Technology does make this much more bearable

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ScaleSkater
on 4/9/20 6:11 am

Good morning. DW and I had our virtual passover sedar last night with our family. It was really nice to see everyone. Makes me think that I should schedule a dinner party with some friends and do something like that. It was really fun (in an odd way). Zoom worked really well. We ordered our passover meal from a local favorite restaurant. It was nice to see him so busy with cars lined up to get their curbside pickups, as I know he must be struggling on normal days now. For $22 you got a large matzo ball soup, scoop of chopped liver, half gefilte fish, box of matzo, (choice of fish, chicken or brisket) - we got brisket, steamed veg, kishke and roasted potato. My wife was very happy, as she knew I could only eat a couple bites of each and we'd have tons of leftovers. The portions were so big that we have 2 more full meals leftover. Overall a pleasant evening. Some of the local restaurants we favor are doing some creative meals curbside. We are trying to do a nice meal at least once a week and making it date night. We kept our china out after our 30th wedding anniversary last week, so we've been using it for special occasions like last night and date night.

Weight holding steady, which is better than everyone I speak with. Apparently the Cornona 15 is becoming a big joke on social media (we were all talking about it last night). I do want to get that last couple pounds off from the regain, but I'm really happy with how my weight has been with so much kitchen access.

QOTD - we have some surgical masks we use for gardening and cleaning the garage, so we've been using those. I will likely use one of those crazy wraps that I got at a pet expo (it is supposed to be 100 different things you can use it for - mostly on your head).

PWO - 2 oz Premier protein drink

B - 2/3 cup steal cut oats, 1/2 banana

L - Chicken added to the broth from leftover soup - I haven't been too hungry at lunch lately. I only ate 1/3 of my matzo ball so maybe another little bit of that

S - Apple and some nuts

D - Brisket, steamed veg, maybe 1/4 of the roasted potato I didn't bother eating last night

S - Scoop Sherbet

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 8:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Passover!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 4/9/20 6:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! I feel like I've been running in mud for weeks, meaning pushing and trying to hard and not getting anywhere. Yesterday was slightly better so I'm hoping that trend continues today. I haven't even had time to mention I wore out the display on my treadmill, I'm not exactly sure what happened to it. John bought a replacement one like a week and half ago and on Monday it starting wigging out like it was so he promptly ordered me a new one that should be delivered today. The belt and all of that is fine but it's not functioning right but has served us well as a used one we got two years ago.

Quick question: Has anyone else had issues with the site since maybe like last week? It doesn't always show my username in the upper right or that I'm logged in?

Accountability: Good

QOTD: John has made about 8 of them.

TSS: 5 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Chicken breast, 1/2 toasted lavash bread with garlic and Parmesan cheese, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 8 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1495 Protein:144 Carbs:128 Fat:55

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/9/20 8:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I had the same problem with the site. Not showing me that bell thingy.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 4/9/20 8:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The "likes" seem to disappear too.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/20 9:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

And you can't edit unless there is another post below yours.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Theduffman27
on 4/9/20 10:38 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I thought it was just me, I am noticing many little issues as well.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views