Whats on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Christina135
on 5/9/20 9:08 am, edited 5/9/20 2:25 am

Good morning, Happy Saturday!

Slept in, which was nice. Sleeping in to me is 8AM, with the four puppers. Last night they had to have a bath, (all of them) because the fleas are killing us all. We are doing everything we can, but I have two pinkies and they attract fleas the worst. So weekly baths have turned into twice a week baths, topicals, flea spray, house spray, diatomaceous earth, and now, nematodes for the yard. My poor babies. The vet says everyone is struggling, and down here in South Texas we are seeing one of the worst flea seasons ever. We are on a property right under an acre, and so for now, the dogs are allowed to go outside for business, and that's it. Back inside with mama. They aren't happy about it, but it seems to be making things more manageable. I'm so glad we don't have carpet, I think we would go insane. We haven't sprayed the yard, and that's my fault. I am in love with all of the pollinators we have (bees, butterflies), and we have fireflies as well. I have multiple hummingbird feeders, and at night there's a colony of bats nearby and we always get 5-6 visitors who stick around eating the bugs. If we spray the yard, we interrupt that little piece of heaven and I can't do that yet. So still working on letting the nematodes do their job!

Breakfast - Fasting still, so hot black coffee, topo chico

Lunch - I made the most amazing chickpea "not tuna" salad yesterday, and I plan on eating that along with some kale salad and crackers. I am hooked on that stuff.

Snack - fruit smoothie - frozen frui****er, oat milk, chia seed, hemp seed protein

Dinner - I want freaking pizza. I've waited and waited and dang it, I'm going to have a vegan pizza. LOL I've just been too lazy to order/pick up. But kids go back to their mom's today, so a quick easy dinner (PIZZA) sounds great!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and do something for yourselves today no matter how little.

*Edit I had to share a picture of the chickpea "not tuna" salad. It is freaking amazing!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

eatwalkwater
on 5/9/20 10:48 am, edited 5/9/20 6:10 am
VSG on 11/07/17 with

Good morning! I'm actually posting in the morning for once, it's only 10:40 am here on the west coast. Anyone else on the Canadian west coast?

Scale is down another 1 lb, happy results for me being 100% on track again yesterday. I bought Dr. Weiner's book, Pound of Cure, last year, and started doing it in the new year. I was steadily losing weight and don't remember why I stopped. I could go back and read my journal I guess as my other new year resolution has been to journal daily, and I still haven't missed a day... Been crazy documenting living through a pandemic, who knew that would happen?!

Anyway, I'm back on track, day 3 of POC today. I've distilled it down to the following maxes: 1 lb (16 oz) of non-starchy veggies, 8 oz lean protein, 1/2 cup beans, 2 oz nuts, 1 T fat, and 4 servings fruit. It's WAY more than I can eat in a single day with my tiny tum, but there's something super psychologically pleasing about being able to eat to satiety as many times as I want and yet never be eating to the point I'll be gaining weight. This way of eating is quite high in fiber too with beans and veggies, so I don't get stopped up like I did when I did keto. My gut is happy again! Win!

Meal Plan:

• Green smoothie: kale, apple, blueberries, ginger, lemon, coconut milk beverage
  • Chicken and kimchi
  • Leftover homemade chicken chorizo veggie soup
  • Refried beans, salsa & avocado
  • Fresh strawberries & 2 oz nuts
  • Salad with kale greens mix, chicken, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, avocado, bell pepper, cucumber, pickled red onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar

QOTD: My favourite saturday activity is getting up before my teen, savouring a coffee, and not having to talk to anyone for hours.

5/7/2020 Regain SW: 237.6 lbs, Target LW: 211.2 lbs (-26.4 lbs), Final GW: 140-199 lbs

Julia S.
on 5/9/20 1:02 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Laying in bed reading until my cat makes so much noise I have to get up and feed him.

I did the mammogram in record time yesterday. It was less than an hour from leaving home to returning. The hospital had only one entrance open, not the usual one-which would have been nice to know before I parked. They checked my temp and gave me a sticker to get in. So weird not being able to just walk in. It must be awful for people who are in the hospital and their loved ones not being able to visit. Hope this ends soon.

I've got a little over 2 mile walk in, and I'm waiting for my time slot so that I can go to the barn and clean. It's supposed to get to 85 today which is great except when you need to work in it. I love having sunshine though, the long gray and rainy winters just about kill me, so sunshine is good. It's supposed to go back to raining on Monday.

Accountability wasn't so great, but I keep trying.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics