What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Julia S.
on 9/11/20 8:41 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- 9:30 or so I read until I get tired. I'm up and start work at 6 so I can get off at 2. It was nice when I could go walking right after work. But not lately, with the heat and now the smoke I'm not going outside as much.

The air quality is awful, it looks like brown fog but it's smoke. I used my KN95 mask yesterday at the barn and I didn't have the headache, but my throat is still sore. I went out for about 5 minutes to get my garbage cans and when I came back in my hair smelled like smoke. There are evacuations all around us, and I think about what I would do if I had to leave. The owner of the barn said she would put all the horses in the outdoor arena- it's sand and there isn't hardly any vegetation around it so they would be safe until they could trailer them out of there. She told me she would make sure my horse gets out. Such a scary time. They have friends who spent all day yesterday ferrying horses out of the evacuation areas. I've heard of lots of people helping each other, and bringing feed and hay to the fairgrounds where some evacuees are. It is nice the know that people still care.

Take care everyone, and have a great day!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Maddymoe2
on 9/11/20 12:11 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Julia,

I thought of you when I woke up this morning. I am up in the Gorge and it is bad here too!! My throat and tongue are burning and I am inside of my house. Stay safe! I am hoping the rain comes Monday night like they are saying.

White Dove
on 9/11/20 6:56 pm - Warren, OH

There was a post on Facebook today about all of the wild animals that are going to be running from the fires. Coyotes, fox, wolves, bear will be showing up in residential areas. It said to keep your pets indoors and to leave out buckets of water for the wild animals who are thirsty, frightened, and have lost their homes. It advised just giving them some help and not shooting them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/20 2:45 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Those are great pictures -- looks like you and your friend were having a wonderful time!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 9/12/20 3:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks! The beach was lovely :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?