What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 10/11/20 6:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

We're supposed to meet the moms for coffee again later this morning, but it's going to be cooler today so not sure how this will work. The restaurants/coffee places are back to the 25% capacity limit, but we haven't done indoor dining at all because even with that limit, I have no idea how these places' ventilation systems are. We may just have to bundle up so we can stay outside. I also have to go over to MIL's today or something this week to look at her computer. She's getting those pop-up messages that there's some kind of issue and she needs to call Microsoft at 1-800-ITS-A-SCAM. She fell for that last year and ended up paying $200 for them to "fix" it, so luckily she emailed me before calling the stupid number. Hopefully I can get out on my bike again today because it's cooling down out there. 60s the next few days, thankfully, but in the 40s by Friday. Ugh.

accountability - I ate way too much at the birthday celebration for my MIL last night, so back to it today.

QOTD: Oh Julia Child would be great. I love her personality and have a couple of her cookbooks - I haven't made much in them, but the things I HAVE made have been great. But I'm currently really into Christopher Kimball. His latest books feature a lot of dishes that are Asian- or Middle Eastern-inspired, and I really love that kind of food.

TSS: 5y4m

B: coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: some kind of coffee drink at the coffee place. Probably a latte - either iced or hot

L: I've got turkey breast and cottage cheese that I really need to use up within the next couple of days, so one of those most likely

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: eggplant/chickpea tangine (from Christopher Kimball's IP book)

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 10/11/20 6:51 am - Amarillo, TX

That's a great choice. I love his show on PBS but I honestly am a little intimidated by the recipes!

catwoman7
on 10/11/20 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have "Fast and Slow" (his instant pot book), and "Tuesday Nights", which is supposedly quick (30 minute) recipes, but some of them take a lot longer than that (but then I'm retired, so...). I don't find them too hard, but then, I've done a lot of cooking, so that could be why. I have a couple of chef's cookbooks (like one by Charlie Trotter) that are way above my skill level, but I can definitely handle the two I have by Christopher Kimball. I really like recipes that are like five or fewer ingredients, though (and that is definitely NOT Christopher Kimball!)

Maddymoe2
on 10/11/20 7:08 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday! I have been up since 4:30 again. I love my quiet time in the morning. It is dumping rain this morning. I was really hoping to go on our hike today, but I don't think that will happen. I build a fire this morning and it feels nice and my dog is really enjoying it too.

QOTD- My Grandmother, she isn't a celebrity, but she is famous in our town. She cooked in all the restaurants and could make something out of anything. She taught me to cook. She was a grandmother that always gave hugs. She believed in me before I was strong enough to believe in myself. When I was little, I used to go to work with her. I remember standing on a stool with a apron on, peeling carrots in the kitchen. I really miss her.

Accountability was great yesterday! I really enjoyed my BBQ chicken pizza on my lavish bread. Sweet Baby Rays has a new sugar free bbq sauce and it is tasty.

Food for today-

B- I am going to make a ham, spinach, red onion, jalepenos, and parm cheese omelet. I used 3 eggs and share with my hubby.

L- Wasa crisp, 1 T herb cream cheese, 2 oz boars head turkey breast

D- BBQ chicken with s/f bbq sauce

Have a great day everyone

Au_Contraire
on 10/11/20 3:59 pm

Such tender, loving memories! Thank you for sharing a bit about your grandmother with us.

Emiepie
on 10/11/20 7:34 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I love having "pizza"'that way too!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 10/11/20 8:06 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We had a good day out yesterday but had to cancel our dinner date with the family. My son in law had been out bushwhacking on their property and was just worn out. May try again for tonight. My daughter and I did some shopping for supplies and then busted out the Cricut. So far, we have made three tee shirts and I figure they cost about 150 bucks each. That number will really come down with usage and she's hoping to come back today to play for a while. I know this thing is supposed to be easy and intuitive, but I am not good at this type of stuff and am really struggling. Again, I will keep plugging away until it starts to make sense to me. Also planning for a big bike ride this morning. Oh, and last night I had my first take out taco in a year! Oh man it was so good, my mouth is watering typing this. I ate half and about a quarter cup of refried beans. Definitely not enough protein in the meal and I had to add a snack of beef jerky last night.

QOTD. Curtis Stone. There is just something about the guy I like and I can see me having a ****tail in the kitchen and cooking with him.

menu. Still up in the air because I still haven't gotten any groceries.
B. PP shake, coffee, egg and cottage cheese later

L. No idea. It will be after the bike ride so I'll probably pick apart a sandwich somewhere

D. Air fried fish tacos.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 10/11/20 8:29 am - Amarillo, TX

I like him too! Love his accent!

Emiepie
on 10/11/20 7:32 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Although I don't post much on the weekends I sometimes try and read through... well just had to share this pic again :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 10/12/20 6:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

OMGeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Lucky!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views