What's on your Monday menu?

Teenie
on 2/15/21 3:36 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yup no problem as soon as I get my Vaccine.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/21 6:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow Melody, that is COLD! I am so glad you can release some emotion. I believe crying can be very cathartic.

Mike and I are at my place for a few days. We had a great dinner out at a beautiful French restaurant for Valentines Day yesterday. Very romantic evening. Tonight we are getting together with some long-term friends of Mikes and tomorrow doing the same with my long-term friends. Then back to Mikes for a club dinner on Wednesday and arrival of my daughter on Friday. Of course none of this is good for my weight, which is up by 10 pounds again.

QOTD: I still hug most of my people as they are in my "pod", but I would love to hold and hug my great nephew. And I want to fly to Seattle to hug my brother who I haven't seen for about 1.5 years whose life partner died right after my DH did.

TSS: 4 years, 10.5 months

B: Coffee!!! Eggs and cottage cheese

L: everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: homemade pizza (at friends home)

S: nut thins and cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 2/15/21 7:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Melody and Menuers,

Thanks for starting us off Melody. We are feeling the effects of a huge snow storm today. Fortunately we are only about 23° so not as bad as Texas. But I am so about the Meme today. I am tired of it and I want to get back outside running ASAP.

Hope everyone had a great Valentines day. I enjoyed the weekend but did very little except cook and exercise. I enjoyed the weekend and sad it is over.

QOTD: I found out one of my Besties was Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer this weekend. I am hoping she is around long enough for me to hug her.

Accountability: Saturday was terrible I ate part of a carrot cake cookie, Baby frozen Eclairs and I did a chocolate fondue and dipped strawberries and graham crackers. However I reigned it in yesterday and the scale was kind today.

TSS: 3 years 2 Months and 4 days 132 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Chocolate caramel Coffee-mate

MS: Sous vide egg bites Spinich and feta and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Chocolate caramel Coffee-mate

L: pulled pork and snack selects.

D: Crack chicken quesadilla

Exercise: 50 minute tread mill (DONE)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium.

Everybody have a great week

Brightest Blessing

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/15/21 8:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So sorry about your friend - that is a tough diagnosis.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 2/15/21 3:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about your friends diagnosis.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/15/21 7:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It's -17 F right now and is heading up to a whopping 2 F this afternoon. At least this nonsense is almost over. It's supposed to get up to 13 F tomorrow and then up from there. 30s by the weekend. THANK GOD!!! Given the time of year, I'm guessing we may not see another cold snap like this - usually by March, temps aren't horrible (although it can still snow then, of course..)

All I have today is Mah Jongg and then some Zoom program I signed up for this evening. But I need to watch a lecture for one of my classes and also do some (class) reading.

I did my federal tax return last night - will do my state ones once I know the fed ones are OK. I may have them done by AARP volunteers next year (if I can get in early enough - the slots fill up fast!). I'm perfectly capable of doing them, but it takes forever now that I'm retired and we have income from more sources.....and some sources feature things like capital gains. I thought it'd be quicker and easier now but...no. I was a monster most of the evening last night while I was doing them - I'm sure DH would greatly appreciate if I passed them off onto someone else.

QOTD: I hate to admit this, but I'm not a hugger. I've secretly been grateful for that part of COVID. It's now acceptable not to hug people!

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cinnamon compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: probably cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: protein muffin (??)

D: salad with diced ham and light dressing

ex: my Zumba instructor has his last class tonight (he's moving to Portland OR this week), but it's at the same time as my aforementioned Zoom program - ugh...decisions. But maybe I'll do the first half of his class (the Zoom program starts halfway through). If I don't do that, I'll do a virtual jog through some city ("Treadmill Traveler" on youtube...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 2/15/21 8:27 am - Warren, OH

TurboTax does all that tedious stuff like capital gains for you. It can be a bit pricy but you do get what you pay for.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/15/21 10:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I will be forever grateful to you for recommending it that year I got an inheritance from my father. His brokerage account had a lot of things like limited partnerships in it that were causing me to pull my hair out! The version of TurboTax you recommended was fabulous! It logged into the account and got all that info and calculated it for me! What a breeze!

I guess I should start springing for it from now on. It's cheaper than hiring an accountant (AARP help is free, and some of those volunteers are retired accountants, but it's hard to get in there - so much demand, not enough volunteers...)

Lisa91941
on 2/15/21 8:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I've nothing to complain about weather wise, so I will shut my mouth. Doing a bit of remote work since my teammate is off today as well. It's going to be a total snore day and I feel badly for our staff at the office, but there's plenty of clean up to do paperwork wise and literally in the warehouse, so it will be good if they get through some of that!

I plan on walking by the bay here in a little bit, and then if I can wrestle the bike off the RV travel stand, I want to ride some. But these bikes are heavy and I'm not sure yet who's going to win that round.

QOTD. My bestie. She's been hyper sensitive to the quarantine and I haven't seen her since March 9th. After nearly 40 years, it's surreal to go this long without seeing her.

Menu:

B: jerky/crisps

L: deli turkey and cheese roll ups

D: homemade meatloaf with parm as the binder, broccoli, bite of naked sweet potato

S: tbd as needed. (If needed!)

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 2/15/21 11:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Dinner will end up being a smoked chicken sausage and some kind of veggie.

I also wrote an email to my psychologist to see if I could start seeing here again. I needed to do that. I drug my feet to long.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views