What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/17/21 9:14 am - Amarillo, TX

So sorry to hear about your friend!

Emiepie
on 3/17/21 3:39 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So very sorry to hear about your friend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 3/17/21 9:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Heavy snow now...60 mph winds.

on the way back from my shot we saw sooo many wrecks and jack knifed semis! I hate this weather. My mom wouldn't let me reschedule! She is a stubborn one...I take a little after her!

White Dove
on 3/17/21 10:05 am - Warren, OH

QOTD: The small fishing village in Galway, Ireland, named Claddagh where they have produced Claddagh rings since the 1700;s. Some of the nearby jewelry shops had rings that were made there in the 1700's.

Passed down through the generations, this romantic story centers on a man named Richard Joyce and the ring he created.

Legend has it that shortly before he was due to be married, a fisherman Richard Joyce was captured at sea by pirates and sold into slavery in Algeria.

He became the property of a rich Moorish goldsmith, who sensing his potential began to train him in his craft. In time Richard Joyce became a fully proficient master craftsman and with thoughts of the girl he had left behind close to his heart, he fashioned the first Claddagh Ring. The heart symbolizing love, the pair of hands representing friendship and the crown for loyalty and fidelity.

In 1689 after an agreement with King William III to release all his subjects held in slavery, Richard Joyce found himself once more a free man.

His master, who had by now grown very fond of him offered his only daughter in marriage and half his wealth, if he would remain in Algiers, but Joyce declined and returned home to Galway.

There he found that his sweetheart had waited for his return, and presenting her with the Claddagh Ring they were married.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 3/17/21 1:22 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Have you seen Fisherman's Friend on Netflix? If not I bet you'd love it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 3/17/21 4:09 pm - Warren, OH

Have not seen it and have been looking for something to watch. Thanks

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 3/17/21 2:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I loved Galway....

Melody P.
on 3/17/21 12:02 pm - Amarillo, TX

GREAT NEWS!!

Most Active