What's on your Monday menu?

catwoman7
on 4/12/21 5:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

no Mah Jongg this morning since someone had an appt. We rescheduled to 8:00 tomorrow morning - ugh. Coincides with my coffee/email/Facebook/OH time. Hopefully I'll wake up a little earlier than usual tomorrow so I can do all that before the game. I'm thinking I'll do a Zoom yoga class this morning that I usually can't do because of Mah Jongg. I really need to get back into yoga. I think I burned out on it when I was in India last year because I've never been able to get back into a 2-3x a week practice since getting back. I think I really need it.

not much else on the agenda today other than finishing up with creating a survey for one of my organizations and sending it out to the membership. It won't be very warm today - 56 - but no rain, so I may get out on my bike this afternoon, too.

QOTD: I think the ones in the cupboard are right-side up. We almost never use those, though. We each have a big mug that we use, and those are always on the counter next to the coffee maker.

B: I was planning on cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie, but I'm not hungry at all - so I may just have some plain Greek yogurt with fruit compote on it. Fewer calories. And I should have something in my stomach before yoga (although not right before yoga - maybe an hour or two before). Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake - which I may save until this afternoon given my lack of hunger this morning

L: Costco chicken skewer on top of bagged coleslaw mix - and topped with light Asian-flavored salad dressing

AS: protein muffin?

D: small piece of spanakopita and 1/2 C chickpea salad

have a great day, everyone!

Emiepie
on 4/12/21 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was pretty low key, some needed relaxation.

QOTD: Right side up.

TSS: 6 years, 8 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean scramble, and an apple

L: Deli meat turkey spinach salad with feta cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: SF iced latte,mixed nuts, carbmaster yogurt, and a plum

D: Shredded beef, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1387 Protein:105 Carbs: 114 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 4/12/21 6:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

So, I'm guessing that the reason that you put them right side up is because they are 1000% dry already, not because you have cabinets full of cups with little pools of water in them.

Thanks on the quarters.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Christina135
on 4/12/21 6:21 am

Mernin' errybody. It's Monday. Ain't it grand?

QOTD - Glasses go upside down. Its a thing with me. So do my coffee mugs. shrug

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, and water. TBH I need a lot of hot black coffee today!

Lunch - New plant based chick'n patty I found at Costco, gonna bust out the air fryer. Maybe a couple of fries and salad

Snack - mint cocoa kale smoothie for sure, balance out that lunch!

Dinner - Hubs and MIL are having leftover tri tip tacos for dinner, I will do all the sides, on corn. Easy peasy.

I just wanna tell you guys. On hard days (weeks?) you guys are my one constant and I really look forward to coming and posting in the morning. I don't always post a lot, but it's my one little comfort in the morning.

Have a good day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

karritoscano
on 4/12/21 10:24 am - Morgan Hill , CA
RNY on 02/23/21

Today .....

Cup of Decaf Coffee with Macadamia Nut cream & Splenda

Breakfast - Banana yogurt piece of bacon

Lunch - Lettuce wrap with ground turkey (Asian style)

Dinner - Brat with Cabbage, tomatoes, and onions

later in the night - I made

1 8oz light cream cheese with sugar-free cool white one small package of pistachio pudding with crushed pineapple in its own juice = pistachio cheesecake sugar-free.......so yummy

Does anyone know if I will ever be able to drink diet soda at any point. I am in week 7 and craving diet coke :( any suggestions

Christina135
on 4/12/21 10:37 am

You will in fact be able to drink diet soda. It's coming. THAT being said, as someone who is 12 years out, I will tell you this. You couldn't pay me to drink diet soda. Hear me out.

All those artificial sweeteners (and I was once upon a time addicted to splenda, I'm talking 12 splenda in a venti Americano addicted) make everything SUPER sweet. It wreaks havoc on your taste buds and makes you want even more sweets, sugar, etc. I highly recommend just kinda weaning yourself off of it. If you eventually want to get back into drinking soda (and you can, and will be able to, your pouch eventually will be able to), I recommend sparkling waters. Topo chico is great, as are lots of other flavored sparkling waters (without the artificial sweeteners).

Lots of people here drink diet soda, and I'm not here to be the diet soda/diet food police by ANY means. I can only tell you what I've experienced after many years.

I'm a rule follower. At 12 years out, I still have amazing restriction for my pouch. I still wait a minimum of 30 minutes after eating to drink, and follow surgeon's guidelines etc. But yes, you will be able to eventually enjoy a diet soda. Will you want to? Eh, nutrition wise I think you could probably find some much more fun substitutes. And, on those times I really just WANT to taste a soda? I take a couple of drinks of an ice cold ACTUAL soda, like Coke or Sprite, or (regional) Big Red, and I'm good. It satisfies my desire, it's real sugar and I'm done with it.

You will eventually find your way, promise!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

karritoscano
on 4/12/21 10:52 am - Morgan Hill , CA
RNY on 02/23/21

That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. My old habits are starting to show up. I'm recognizing the habits and trying to realize it's an old habit.

Greateight
on 4/12/21 11:10 am
RNY on 08/29/18

You may find that once you do have it, that you may no longer like the taste of Diet Soda. I didn't drink any for nearly two years from pre-surgery to 18 months post. We went on a cruise and that was basically all they had that was non-alchoholic (i drank plenty of wine as it was). I drank it for 11 days, hated it, and haven't had a sip since.

I drink mostly Bai with some Gatorade Zero.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karritoscano
on 4/12/21 11:21 am - Morgan Hill , CA
RNY on 02/23/21

Yes, I drink Bai (love the cherry), I drink crystal lights, Vitamin Water, Gatorade Zero, and fresh-squeezed limeade. I miss the fizz but I am sure it might make my tummy upset. My stomach is super picky with everything .....barely even like meat anymore and I was a HUGE Carnivore before the surgery. New habits & new lifestyle! Thank you for your thoughts and advice. Today is a struggle for me. :)

Teenie
on 4/12/21 1:33 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I stopped drinking Soda in August of 2015 way before my surgery and never looked back. Now I use Mio, Gatorade Zero, or Protien2O. The meat thing gets easier the further out you are. I use a crockpot often to really get meat tender so I can tolerate it. Then it is less I have to chew. I chew everything I put in my mouth till it is the consistance of applesauce before I swallow. That helps from getting sick. I did see on TikTok that they came out with a non carbonated white claw type drink in a can available in the Cape Cod area. I hope it does well and we can get it here in Pittsburgh. It is called NOCA.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views