What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 1/15/22 1:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

there is probably some truth to this. I read some reliable-sounding article several months ago that said genetics tend to be a factor more in early onset Alzheimer's. For later onset, environment and lifestyle tends to play the bigger role. I told my PCP about this, and she agreed with it. I do know that some people who have the genetic disposition for it never get it - and some people who DON'T have the genetic disposition for it DO get it - so there's a lot scientists don't know yet. And lifestyle does seem to be a factor - esp in later onset disease (which is when people usually get it...in their 70s and 80s)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 1/16/22 8:33 am - Warren, OH

The people in my husband's family had both the genetic factor and they also had a tendency to say, I am going to just rest because I worked hard when I was young. Then they would sit in front of the TV and do nothing. They would go rapidly downhill after that. I wonder if it would have been different if they had stayed active. My mother lived until 95 and was very sharp, but she also made sure she got out and did things all the time. There is still a lot to learn and I think the best chance of avoiding it is to stay mentally and physically active all your life.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 1/15/22 1:23 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good afternoon all!

Melody, What a stunning piece!

I spent this morning relaxing at Starbucks and going to my mom's place with my sister. Just got home and will be watching football for the rest of the day.

QOTD: Names. I don't think I have face blindness but I struggle to remember names now. Like I need to re-meet people in order to remember their names. It's frightening cause I have ALZ in my family. I also feel bad about forgetting names because I feel like I'm being disrespectful.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut, Tangerine. 2x Venti iced coffee, sf vanilla, stevia.

L: Ancho Chili Salmon, Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes, side salad.

D: Chicken salad.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Mkess
on 1/15/22 1:25 pm
VSG on 08/09/21
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views